“a great family restaurant in an historic building” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Occidental
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
San Ramon, CA
“a great family restaurant in an historic building”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Been there about 6-7 times over the years. this review is for my last visit on New Years Day. We ride up from San Francisco 100 Strong and this staff always seem to accommodate us, Portions are great, friendly staff (while serving 100 bikers) well i guess they like us. Fantastic meals and I love the atmosphere here.

• Visited January 2013

Wisconsin
“OK dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had the soup and salad, which may not be a fair sample of the food. Others said it was good. Ours was average.

Visited March 2013
San Francisco, California, United States
“INCREDIBLE!!!!! DON'T MISS IT!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have been coming to the Union Hotel now for 3 years. Barbara the owner is the ultimate hostess. I live in San Francisco and eat at 4-5 star restaurants weekly. This is by far better. The ambiance is perfect. The staff is awesome. The food is off the charts amazing. Go there hungry because it is massive amounts of amazing food. Bruschetta, antipasto, soup, salad, massive entrees, desserts to die for. The coffee bar and pastries the next morning for breakfast should not be missed either. Occidental is a diamond in the rough. It is my haven from the city life, clean air, friendly people, no stress, and this restaurants amazing food is the icing on the cake.

• Visited March 2013
Roseville, California
“Incredible food & Awesome staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is our favorite place to stop in when we are in the "area" of Sonoma County. It is so worth the drive for the tiramisu and the dinners... portions are more than generous but it's the quality that is delicious. We have a running debate over the best dinner - is it the polenta, the homemade ravioli, or the fettuccini Florentine? It's all yummy – be sure to bring an appetite! We love the family atmosphere, the loving staff, and the fun decor. Stop in & have an incredible dining experience!

• Visited February 2013
Petaluma, California, USA
“Great Birthday Dinner !!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I recently celebrated my birthday at the Union Hotel because it is our favorite restaurant. She didn’t even ask me where I wanted to go, she just knew! The restaurant is more than a 90 minute round trip for us and well worth the drive. Upon returning home I logged into Trip Advisor to write this review and was not allowed to because I had written too many reviews for the Union Hotel recently. This just proves how much we love the place !!!!!!

• Visited January 2013