“An Excellent Adventure!” 5 of 5 stars

$99*
and up
Ranked #1 of 4 Attractions in Occidental
More attraction details
Owner description: Sonoma Canopy Tours is located in Occidental, CA - approximately 1.5 hours north of San Francisco. The tour contains 7 ziplines, 2 sky bridges, a magnificent spiral staircase, ending in a rappel to the forest floor.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Clearlake, California
12 attraction reviews
“An Excellent Adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I had a bag full of flyers, maps and assorted information about things available to do when I have company and Sonoma Canopy Tours' flyer was among them. A visiting friend wanted to give it a try, so off we went...the zipline tour far exceeded my expectations! We had a wonderful time. I was especially happy to have chosen the first (08:00 A.M.) tour, the weather couldn't have been more beautiful or the views better. The guides were fun and the experience safe and "idiot-proof."

Saint Louis, Missouri
12 attraction reviews
“Up, Up and Away!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I admit it. It was my idea. But my less than athletic wife "gamely agreed."

This was our first attempt at zip-lining. It will not be our last. We had a blast! A lot of that fun is a result of our guides, Zach & Joel. They were great! Funny and knowledgable with enough historic information on the area and the redwoods to keep you wanting more. The comments from others seem to name a variety of great guides which should give you an idea of how well the program is run.

Zip-lining through the beautiful redwoods was an experience they my wife and I will always remember.

The area itself is beautiful. Occidental, California is an old mining town (now turned 60's haven for "love and peace, bro.") That alone made the trip worthwhile. (HINT: The camp is just outside of town. Leave a little early from your destination just in case you get lost. We cam in from Sonoma and it's a good hour from the square.)

The highest zip-line is from a 90+ feet redwood platform across a 200 ft valley. I won't kid ya. My stomach was doing a couple of flip-flops. The last stop is rapelling down 70 ft. It was great fun.

Young and old, pro or newby, canopy tours is an exciting experience for all. It was a great escape from wine country if only for a day.

They have a great website. Check it out.

Visited June 2012
New York City, New York
“Excellently run, beautiful location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Recommended. I have done many active outdoor trips and these guys run this one very well. The location is excellent, and the facilities are new well maintained and the training and management of groups is excellent.

Elk Grove, California
19 attraction reviews
“Idiot Proof!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We have ziplined previously, but this was our first time here. The experience is completely idiot proof and exercise-free. They have it set up so that from start to finish you don't have to do anything risky or sweaty.

You are strapped into a double harness, helmetted and given a pair of leather gloves and instructed to never remove anything until the end of the tour. You are then driven to the start of the course and from there you zipline from treetop to treetop through a beautiful Redwood Forest until the rappel at the end.

The guides completely take care of you, double securing you to safety lines every step of the way.

This is a great activity for first timers that are nervous about flying 100 ft. off the ground, but more experienced folks will be dissatisfied with the experience, as much time is spent standing around on the little platforms.

Its pretty expensive, too.

Denver, Colorado
26 attraction reviews
“Didn't Want It To End!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

My husband, two teenagers and I tried ziplining for the first time with Sonoma Canopy Tours. We had a wonderful experience from start to finish. Ian and Alexis were fully professional and we felt completely safe the entire time. They were also quite amusing in their explanations throughout the tour and we felt lucky to get such friendly guides (though everybody at SCT seemed very friendly). They regaled us with historical anecdotes and ecological/geological information as well. The only negative was when it was over. We can't wait to do it again!

Visited June 2012