“Picture Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Occidental B&B and Inns
Orange County , CA
“Picture Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2007

I was looking for a quick (five day) get away in the wine country for my wife and I on our anniversary that afforded us the opportunity to recconect with each other, while enjoying the beauty of the region. I couldn't have been happier; both with the region and the service & ammenities afforded us by the Hosts of the Inn.

Jerry & Tina (The Hosts) thought of every need. The breakfasts were wonderful, the accomodations warm & enviting and Jerry & Tina were so attentive to make our stay unforgetable. (Review with them the local cusine. It was sooo good!) I would encourage anyone thinking of visiting the wine country to visit thier website at www.innatoccidental.com and view the detailed activities that have already been planned to allow their guests an unforgetable time while visiting the charming town of Occidental and the surounding region. (There is so much to see, do and enjoy!)

• Liked — The Romance of the Inn
  • Disliked — I can't think of anything?
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
san francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2007

The Inn at Occidental is so beautiful, even photographs don’t do it justice, although the photos are fantastic. My husband and I checked in after a 3 hour spa treatment down the road, which was part of a package that the Inn offered via the internet. The Victorian Homestead was gorgeous, with a beautiful fenced courtyard in front, and authentic yet “new looking/feeling” antiques and interior design.

We were greeted as we walked in by one of the owners, Jerry, who was warm and friendly, as if we were old friends coming over for a visit. He gave us a quick description of the Homestead, and little of its history. He then gave us the keys to our special themed room named “The Tiffany Room”. The room was large, clean and romantic. It had a Queen Sized 4 poster bed with white lace canopy and linens. The windows also had matching eyelet lace. At the foot of the bed was a love seat facing the wood burning fireplace, with a little coffee table where we could sip wine and champagne, and eat chocolates! The bathroom was clean, modern and had a double shower, but most of the rooms have a spa tub for 2 people. We also had our own private deck with lounge chairs, and a small table and chairs, if we wanted to enjoy the beautiful redwoods outside.

The Inn is a very short walking distance from all of the restaurants in Occidental, and during the free wine and hordeurves at 5:30 pm in the living room; they have menus available for the local eaterys for all to browse through. Jerry made a reservation for us at the local French restaurant down the street. When we returned from dinner, there was a table at the foot of the staircase with coffee, tea and some goodies (brownies that night) for midnight snacks!

Breakfast is served in the beautiful dining room on the bottom floor. As you, enter there is a spread consisting of fresh granola, fresh fruits, croissants , muffins and sweet rolls. An assortment of teas and fresh brewed coffee is also available. Also served fresh was honey pecan French toast.

All in all, it was the best bed and breakfast I have ever been to. The staff is attentive, helpful and friendly. Tina, Jerry’s wife mingles with the guests and always has some helpful information. They are both friendly and as I mentioned before, make you feel as if you are an old friend over for a visit.

I highly recommend this B&B, and plan to make it an annual tradition.

Check it out !
[--]

• Liked — Beautiful rooms and friendly staff
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
Palmer, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2007

The Inn at Occidental in Occidental, California, was far beyond my wildest dreams! This Inn was incredible. From the moment we entered we felt as though we had just walked through the doors of paradise. Jerry and Tina were the most gracious of hosts and did everything in their power to make sure our stay was not only comfortable, but memorable. They both helped us to plan our three days in wine country and even made reservations at Osmosis Spa so we could relax after a long day out enjoying the beautiful sights and vineyards and at the Bistro, for a late night dinner. I not only will return to the beautiful wine country of California, but I most definately will return to the Inn at Occidental, nothing else compares or could even come close. As a matter of fact, from here on out, the Inn will be a planned destination every time I visit Northern California, it should be a planned destination for everyone that appreciates the comforts of home, in the luxurious setting of the Inn at Occidental. Thanks Jerry and Tina, you made my trip the most pleasurable and memorable leisure trip I've ever taken, I hope to see you soon and I will tell everyone about you. You are Fantastic!!!

• Liked — The beauty and peacefulness
  • Disliked — No cell service, difficult wireless for pc
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Anselmo, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2007

We celebrated my daughters 21st birthday at the inn. We were first greeted by the delightful innkeeper, Jerry, who escorted us to our room, the Sonoma Lodge, which was beautifully decorated in a birch tree theme. Much to our surprise a small chocolate birthday cake and birthday card awaited my daughter. We were treated with gracious hospitality. After an afternoon at the Osmosis Day Spa, a comforting night at the Inn at Occidental was our home away from home. Thank You!

• Stayed March 2007
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2007

The Inn at Occidental was the most unique accommodation that I have ever stayed in. We were in a courtyard room, which was very spacious (and included a giant jacuzzi). The guest living room in the main house was so cozy that we all felt right at home - they offered wine tasting and appetizers there every evening. It was great to have wireless internet access as well. Breakfast was out of this world - always two courses plus granola and juice. The town of Occidental is completey charming, out of the way but close to everything. The innkeepers and staff were so nice and were able to recommend a lot of different places: restaurants, wineries, even things to do in San Francisco. They even made reservations for us at one local winery that is very popular. We got a lot of individual attention and felt like valued guests. We had so much fun that we didn't want to leave!

• Liked — The unique decor and the comfort of the rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
Lodi, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2007

We visited this Inn the week of 2/19/07. I was VERY pleasantly surprised by the gorgeous surroundings, the well-appointed rooms, and the most customer service oriented management and staff that I have experienced in a very long time!! I arrived very stressed, as I just realized I had left my purse in a restroom in Sonoma. The staff immediately "swung into action" - they assisted in calling a local store we had shopped at on our way; helped contact the Chevron station where I'd left my purse (who had found it & given it to the police); notified the Sonoma Police by e-mail; contacted the police again by phone the next morning. The literally calmed me down, gave us a complimentary glass of wine, and reassured us that "all was well". The room was very comfortable, and literally felt like it was home. Breakfasts were substantial, with excellent flavor. They anticipate the needs & wants of guests, and are extremely responsive to assisting with arranging spa appointments, dinner recommendations etc. If you want a wonderful, relaxing vacation - I HIGHLY recommend this Inn!!!

Stayed February 2007
York, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2007

We spent one night at the Inn at Occidental during a visit to San Francisco. It was lovely. Just as good as it looks on the web site. Our room, the Leaf and Umbrella, was very quirky and comfortable. We were quite sorry that it was so unseasonably warm in February that we didn't need to light the stove! We enjoyed the early evening cheese and wine and breakfast was great. The breakfast room in particular was very attractive. It was very useful to have free internet access - and free hot drinks and biscuits. We'd asked the hosts in advance to book us somewhere for dinner and the French-style restaurant about 5 mins walk from the inn was an excellent choice. The hosts and other staff we met were all very helpful and attentive

Occidental is a pretty little town with some interesting gift shops and galleries and the area around is beautiful and peaceful. So all in all, a very enjoyable experience.

• Liked — The amazing quirky antiques everywhere
  • Disliked — Ameicans don't make a good cup of tea!
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Inn at Occidental? Share your experiences!