“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites - Oakley

You added Comfort Suites - Oakley to your Saves list
Comfort Suites - Oakley
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5549 Bridgehead Road, Hwy 4 & Hwy 160, Oakley, CA 94561   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oakley
Santa Rosa, California
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

The service begins when you come through the door of this hotel. Each time I have been greeted at the counter with a positive person. I also like the fact that they discuss your options for the lowest price. I have also been surprised by the upgrades I have received without asking.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Rafael, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

The website for Comfort Suites, Oakley, does not have a telephone number. We left , unfortunately, without checking our room for my shoes. I would appreciate receiving a phone call which is in their records, regarding this issue.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at the Oakley Comfort Suites visiting family in the area and we were thrilled with the beauty of the hotel. Everything was great from the staff and comfort of the rooms. Breakfast was great as was the Christmas decorations. Would recomend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

We stayed in Choice Hotels during our move from the San Francisco Bay area to Cape Coral, FL because of their summer promotion and (mostly) pet friendly policy. This was our first stay after the movers emptied our home and before we left town. The hotel was convenient and clean. My wife commented on an odd "nursing home type urine" smell but all I could smell was a very strong air freshener. (Perhaps because of their pet friendly policy.) Fridge, microwave and all toiletries were provided. Comfy beds and a good, hot breakfast.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Southern California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

This is a non-smoking hotel and has a $250 "smoking fine" for violations, which is OK, since we don't smoke. However, either the maids don't report it when someone has been smoking in the room, or they do report it and just try to drown the smell with nasty air fresheners. When we checked in there was a smell of tobacco smoke in the room, along with the "floral" air freshener. If I had known then about the $250 fine, I would have gone right back to the desk to demand a change of rooms. However, we have family and friends who smoke and we aren't too bothered by it, so we didn't even think of changing rooms. When I got my credit card bill, they had tacked on the $250 "fine" to our room rate, without ever saying anything to us about it. I wonder whether they had also charged the guests who actually smoked in the room, or do they just try to bill anyone they can? Also, the room wasn't quiet---the freeway is just across a narrow parking lot in back, and we could hear noise from other rooms; and the carpet was not that clean. I fought the $250 fine with my credit card issuer, and I won, but I would never stay here again, or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
spatel405, Owner at Comfort Suites - Oakley, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
I apologize for the inconvenience you had to go through at our hotel. On the registration card that you signed for the rental of the room, we have a description of our smoking fine of $250. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel, unfortunately some people disregard that and still smoke in the rooms and that is why the fine is there. After a person smokes in the room, we use an ionizer to clean the air for 24 hours. Then the room is left vacant to air out with the window open for an additional 24 hours. This is our policy and standard procedure for the last 8 years. We do not rip off or try to deceive any guest. We have had over 300,000 people stay at this hotel since it's opening and I assure you that if you felt this way, I apologize and hope you can give us another chance.
bay area, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

I stayed at this hotel the night before my wedding so my husband to be and I were not together. The hotel was very accommodating and helped me out with what I asked, including a late check out the next day. The hotel was clean and the staff was courteous. While the free breakfast wasn't anything to write home about it was perfect for us.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
hollister,ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

I was really skeptical about the quality of the holet based on the review dated 9/18/2007. However, we were pleasantly suprised. We found the hotel be fairly new with nice rooms, clean lobby, security patols the parking light at night. We did not see any corn fields but there was a grape vinyard across the street from the hotel. Restraunts and fast food are very close by. A great value for the price.

PT

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites - Oakley? Share your experiences!