“First impression matters” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites - Oakley

You added Comfort Suites - Oakley to your Saves list
Comfort Suites - Oakley
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5549 Bridgehead Road, Hwy 4 & Hwy 160, Oakley, CA 94561   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oakley
Glendora, California
“First impression matters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Never been to Oakley Ca, nor a Comfort Suites. I made reservations for a one night stay there because of the price. All the other Hotels around the area was a little bit more and even though I had a appointment in Brentwood the extra 8 miles was worth driving. This Hotel has everything. A place for your pet to go to the bathroom, hand sanitizes by the elevators, welcoming customer service, a/c in the hallways, workout room, fridge and microwave in the rooms. Lobby has a huge sitting area with TV, you can get a cup of coffee and read that days news paper with no charge. If you forget a tooth brush or tooth paste, razor, deodorant they accommodate you with no charge. The breakfast is good. You can have bacon and eggs, fresh muffins, bagels, fresh fruit, cold cereal and you can make your own waffle in 3 mins. They have every kind of breakfast beverages. Food snack vending machines. Rooms smell good and are extra clean. Most important part for me was I got there 41/2 hours early (10:30 am) and still received a room. Nice people! The view isn't great but I'm not there to look out my window. Fast food walking distance away for lunch or dinner. Great place!

Room Tip: Top floor was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I travel to this area frequently & stay here often...I love the staff, I have had above & beyond experiences with security, customer service, integrity & most importantly, a general feeling of being welcomed & valued as a customer.
I have tried the "other" 2 name brand hotels in Brentwood, and had a sub-par experience with them both. Comfort Suites Oakley blew away their competition:-)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Stone Mountain, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

The staff there was friendly and fairly fast with customer service. It was a clean and nice facility. The breakfast was OK (it is the typical breakfast for those types of hotels; the waffle maker was nice though). There is a McDonald's just across the parking lot, so you could always go there if you wanted a little better breakfast. We had a fridge and microwave in our room, which is always good. The bathroom fan is way too loud, but that is typical or standard of this kind of hotel, so I can't necessarily fault them for that. The elevator was entirely too slow, and I didn't particularly like the location, otherwise, I probably would have given 5 stars. We stayed overnight for a wedding, so the price was good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Efficient & very kind staff, particularly Sandra & Jose. I asked Sandra if it was possible to retrieve my lost earring down the drain. She didn't have to do it but asked Jose, the plumber, who didn't have to do it either, but retrieved my lost earring! I was happily surprised! Shuttle service was very convenient & helpful. Breakfast was mediocre. Room next door was very noisy into the a.m. hours (they should institute a policy of quiet after midnight or so). Room was clean. Enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here overnight for a wedding. The staff was kind enough to check us is early, and many other wedding guests as well. The room and bath were clean and very comfortable. I would recommend and stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Antioch, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

**PRE-PAID VISA CARD USERS & CASH, NOT WELCOME HERE!** ..I've never been more embarassed and felt like such a non important customer @ ANY hotel I've been to in my life! And I've been to many,many hotels throughout the SF Bay Area and this country. As I travel alot, I'm a photographer. I've NEVER HAD an issue with my Pre Paid Visa usage even at resort hotels! ...I don't care ultimately if it is their policy to not accept Pre- Paid Visa users,which is probably a way to screen out certain people from staying there. However,I understand each business has that right. My point is WHY do they allow someone to book a room using a legimate Pre Paid Visa online or via phone, then when you get there don't allow you to purchase the room with the very card you reserved the room with?? I booked this room online 2 weeks prior to my arrival date...Not only that, I called ahead 2 days prior, to verify my reservation and NO mention of this being a problem was told to me. I would've happily took my business elsewhere had I known ahead of time! Add to that I showed up at 2:45pm to check-in they looked up my info,told "me my room wasn't ready yet,check in is at 3pm so come back then" ; that's fine but that was another opportunity to let me know that my method of payment wasn't accepted, thus saving me time and embarassment. So I come back about 3:05pm to check in and there's probably about 3 or 4 other customers in there by that point. I attempt to check in, they give me the sheet for my car info,I leave to write down my car info and when I come back, THEN I get told that I can't use my Pre Paid Visa to my shock! I then asked the girl at the front.. well, what am I suppossed to do? I did not know this pripor to coming and I'm here now. I then asked them if I could pay with cash? Mind you I had 3x's the amount of cash as it would've cost for the room in my pocket and 2x's the amount of money on my Pre Paid Visa, so the room could've been easily paid for! They maintained that there was nothing they could do, I need to have a Major Credit Card on file. The girl then told me that if I was able to call somebody with a major card, then they could authorize through them and then I could use my card to check out. So I called someone, waited in line again only to get told by the manager that day, that I can't use the credit card over the phone either..Only a business can do it over the phone! And that once again "There's nothing they can do for me, that's just their policy!" .By this point all the other customers in the lobby are staring at my numerous attempts to check in. Add to the fact that I had relatives from out of town that were suppossed to meet at that hotel for a fishing trip early the next morning on the delta. I asked them once again, if I could pay with cash or at least leave a cash deposit upfront and pay with the card at check out? I told them that I had relatives on the way here already to meet me @ 4pm, you can't do anything for me at all? The manager just kept brushing me off while checking in other customers and kept saying" there's nothing they could do".. I could tell by her attitude that she really didn't want my business period! I then proceeded to make sure my rsvp was indeed cancelled so I wouldnt be charged anything and I walked out! I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Santa Cruz few months back and they didn't have a problem. I've stayed in @ least a dozen hotels this year so far - Lake Tahoe x's 3 -3 different hotels,Santa Cruz,Clear Lake, Fremont, San Jose, Antioch, Sacramento, San Fransisco, Santa Rosa, Lincoln, Mamooth Lakes, Salinas,Monterey,Yosemtie....New Orleans , LA & Reno.....From Motel 6 to Best Western to Embassy Suites to Resort Hotels and many others not mentioned...NON of these places have had a problem with my Pre Paid Visa..So I going to have this problem in Oakley,Ca.?... Ridiculous!! I was trying to give these people money and my money wasn't good enough for them.... Luckliy for me I found and recommend the Hampton Inn & Suites in Pittsburg,Ca. for those of us Pre Paid Visa users looking for a nice quality place to stay around this area. Price of the King Suite is the same as Comfort Suites and has plenty of room and nice decor on the inside and a nice friendly, HELPFUL staff. They only require that you have the amount of the room + $20 security deposit avaiable on your Pre Paid prior to check in and they credit it back to you once you check out, that's not a big deal...Why couldn't Comfort Suites do that? Never going to Comfort Suites in Oakley,Ca. again!... bad customer service, un-willingness to even make an effort to resolve the matter, DON'T stay here unless your rich I guess..Smh

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Red Bluff, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have stayed there long term, while we moving (30 days) and it's always our goto Hotel when in town visiting. Always clean, good staff, great breakfast. I wouldn't look anywhere else when staying in East County.

Room Tip: I would say try to get a room at the end of the hall, of course this is my rule always, you will get...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites - Oakley? Share your experiences!