“Great happy hour, needs better service.” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #89 of 1,119 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Noodle Shop
“Great happy hour, needs better service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012 via mobile

Ate here for happy hour. Good beer on tap, and sushi was good quality. I'd go again. Everyone that sat at the sushi bar with me enjoyed their meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great Happy Hour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I recently stayed at the Best Western literally around the corner and have to say this place has a great Happy Hour Special. The food was fantastic!

Visited December 2011
Seattle, WA
“Excellent Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Visited late on a Friday night after a long flight. This is near oakland Airport and I was not expecting much due to location, but I was overwhelmed with the freshness and taste of the sashimi as well as the 'raiders' roll. The portion size was very good and overall was some of the best sushi I have had. It will definitely be worth another visit.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oakland, California
“Oakland's Hidden Gem ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Where do I begin? Delicious sushi? Check! Comfortable decor? Got it! Oh yeah ...and some of the best Terriyaki/Tempura (my favorite) in the area! Try a Bento box for lunch ...great! And as an added bonus, the OPD must like it too ... feel really safe with the number of cops eating meals there ..they know it's good too! Small parking lot though ...may have to park on the street ...but still safe.

and ...try the ribs ....ummm ummm!

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Yoshino in Oakland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

I've been here a few times and the wait is usually long. I've waited 30 - 45 minutes just for my lunch entree. The service is not superb but it is the nearest Japanese restaurant to my work place. The food is average. The price is average. I'll only come to this restaurant when I'm craving for Japanese food and I am at work. Otherwise, I wouldn't make a trip out here just to eat.

• 3 of 5 stars Food