“Not impressed at all” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #343 of 1,067 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Mexican
“Not impressed at all”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

When I first moved into the neighborhood I craved some Mexican food without having to drive down to International St. First of all this place is wa over priced, the food is simple and the presentation is horrible, if I'm gonna pay close to $15.00 for a burrito and horchata, can i at least get a smile and some nachos. The lad at the register looked at me like i went in there asking for a free meal. I'll just take my money and appetite for good food elsewhere

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

USA
“terrible service, mediocre food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2009

Not worth the wait or the cost: this place is vastly overrated and seems to cater to clueless gringos who don't seem to mind queueing up for mediocre food, another prime example that popular does not always equate to good...service is absolutely abysmal: we waited nearly an hour for two take-out burritos early on a busy Friday evening. Due to a mix-up at the register, folks came in after us and ordered, sat down to eat, and had their left-overs bagged up before we got our small take-out order, and we only noticed that they forgot to include the pricey side of guacamole once we got home, I felt cheated and angry....never again. I'm quite happy to stick to the much more authentic, downhome Mexican joints around Foothill and International Blvds, where you actually see Latino families enjoying themselves....

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Pretty good food. Good...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

Pretty good food. Good kids menu.

“Good Mexican food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2008

Good Mexican food

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Very good food, but only...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2008

Very good food, but only three stars because service can be very slow.