“What a difference!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
Oakland, California
“What a difference!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stay at the Jack London Inn regularly. The new ownership has brought in a manager there, Rolando who has really turned the hotel around. The rooms are newly renovated with hardwood floors, marble showers, and amenities one would expect in more expensive hotels. They offer continental breakfast in the lobby and free parking. There just isn't any comparison to other area hotels who are charging high prices for parking in the same locale. I don't work for the hotel. I am a seasoned traveler who recognizes the sincere efforts of hard working people like the General Manager and the head housekeeper, Olivia. This hotel is one to watch as an up and coming property that when renovations are completed will rival any in the area for quality of service and hospitality.

Room Tip: Ask for the fourth floor if available. The renovations have started there and are working their way...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Oakland, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Then come to this hotel! don't be fooled by the remodel. They only replaced the carpet with cheap wood floors and that's it. I'm fighting the false $150 cleaning charge. I'm fighting a false charge on my credit card and I'm sure the roaches were able to sleep better than I was. SHUT THIS PLACE DOWN!!!

Room Tip: If you want to commit suicide by jumping out of the window here then you can because the room window...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Rolando C, General Manager at Jack London Inn, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am very concerned with these comments, and I promise you that I will personally look into this.

If you could contact me, I would be pleased to discuss this with you. Please accept our apologies, and our commitment that this will not happen again. We value you as our guest and will work hard to retain your business.

Best Regard,

Rolando Collantes, GM
510-444-2032
rcollantes@heritagehotelgroup.com
Yuba City, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2015

NOT as listed. No hair dryer coffee maker or even towels in room. We had to ask for towels to be sent up.no working smoke detector, patio door had cracked and was repaired rather than replaced. Pool is empty and appears to have been empty and dirty for some time. Just trying to open the door took about 4 times to swipe card. Bathroom tub had mold in corners. It was late and only for one night so we decided to make the best of it. WORST MISTAKE EVER. People ( wouldn't call them guests) in next room were loud - had to be 8-10 people in small room. would not quiet down. POUNDED on our door and wall at 2a.m. Scaring us to death. Kept up the partying and at 830 am they again pounded on the walls so hard it seemed they would fall through. Phone did not work to call desk or 911. Staff was no help in quieting people. Tacky hotel, stunk of restaurant downstairs. Our mistake for trying to save a buck- and a bad hotel for one night can be chalked up to our error, but to be in fear of other "guests" in unacceptable. DO NOT STAY HERE THE PICTURES ON THE WEB SIGHT MAY HAVE BEEN BUT AREN'T NOW.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Marianne,

“Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2015

worst hotel experience of my life the first two days I had no heat I got scabies after the first day I tried to show the front desk clerk said thought I had bed bugs you said those aren't bed bugs I'm so all there something he said well you could check out. there on site manager refuses to return my call and going to give me a number to the off site manager

• Stayed December 2014
Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room that need updating. It is a pleasure to announce that we are currently implementing many of these upgrades to the property within the next couple of months. Our rooms will be getting upgrades, in-room accessories, and much more! In taking great care of our charming hotel, our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere.

I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Please reach out to me directly at [email] if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our new and improved hotel!

With much appreciation,

R. Collantes. | General Manager
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2014

I stayed there, because it was close to the client I was visiting next morning and I came in late evening! It was only for one night.
The entire interior is very aged and most of it does not function or is damaged. The wireless internet did not work. My room was filthy, stinky, dirty.... The Air Conditioning did not work and you were not able to open the windows. The phone did not work and the furniture was broken, old and dirty. The bathroom was dirty, tiles were broken etc...
NOT RECOMMENDABLE! Totally overpriced for what it is!

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay at Jack London Inn hotel. Your opinion is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room that need updating. It is a pleasure to announce that we are currently implementing many of these upgrades to the property within the next couple of months. Our rooms will be getting upgrades, in-room accessories, and much more.

With much appreciation,

R. Collantes. | General Manager
NASHVILLE, TN.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

We Arrived At 2:30 And Were Told That The Room Would Not Be Ready Until 3.We Went Out around the square and came back around 3:30 - Room Still not ready. Came back at 4:30 (They said they would call , but didn't) and were told that the room had just been cleaned. When we got to the room, THE CURTAINS Were ABOUT TO FALL OFF ( no hooks to replace them) THE REFRIGERATOR and COFFE POT WERE MISSING, THERE WERE NO TOWELS AND the PLACE OBVIOUSLY HAD NOT BEEN CLEANED IN WEEKS. We called down and asked about the towels - THEY BROUGHT UP 2 SMALL BATH TOWELS ( nothing else) WE GRABBED OUR BAGS AND WENT DOWNSTAIRS AND DEMANDED A REFUND AND LEFT. No Hotel IS BETTER THAN THIS HOTEL. - We have pictures.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and checked inn process and ongoing upgrades to the property. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.

Our commitment to investing in our property will continue with renovations to our hotel rooms and all areas.

Best Regards,

Rolando Collantes, AGM
925-444-2032
rcollantes@heritagehotelgroup.com
Volos, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

we stayed for three days (me and my wife) in this inn which is clean, calm close to Oakland's commercial centre and some meters away from Jack London's square.
the personnel was friendly, the rooms were clean and although we were worried about is proximity to central avenues, the room was calm and we had a good time. It is not luxurious but it is descent and we chose it because it is only 4 stations away from San Fransisco and it costs much less compared to similar hotels of SF. I recommend it to everyone who has a business and he has to spend few days around SF.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much!!! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Jack London Inn- Oakland. We hope you travel to Oakland again soon and be sure to let us know when you're coming so we can reserve a room for you.

Hotel Management, General Manager

Been to Jack London Inn? Share your experiences!