“Do not stay here” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
Yuba City, California
“Do not stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

NOT as listed. No hair dryer coffee maker or even towels in room. We had to ask for towels to be sent up.no working smoke detector, patio door had cracked and was repaired rather than replaced. Pool is empty and appears to have been empty and dirty for some time. Just trying to open the door took about 4 times to swipe card. Bathroom tub had mold in corners. It was late and only for one night so we decided to make the best of it. WORST MISTAKE EVER. People ( wouldn't call them guests) in next room were loud - had to be 8-10 people in small room. would not quiet down. POUNDED on our door and wall at 2a.m. Scaring us to death. Kept up the partying and at 830 am they again pounded on the walls so hard it seemed they would fall through. Phone did not work to call desk or 911. Staff was no help in quieting people. Tacky hotel, stunk of restaurant downstairs. Our mistake for trying to save a buck- and a bad hotel for one night can be chalked up to our error, but to be in fear of other "guests" in unacceptable. DO NOT STAY HERE THE PICTURES ON THE WEB SIGHT MAY HAVE BEEN BUT AREN'T NOW.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

worst hotel experience of my life the first two days I had no heat I got scabies after the first day I tried to show the front desk clerk said thought I had bed bugs you said those aren't bed bugs I'm so all there something he said well you could check out. there on site manager refuses to return my call and going to give me a number to the off site manager

• Stayed December 2014
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2014

I stayed there, because it was close to the client I was visiting next morning and I came in late evening! It was only for one night.
The entire interior is very aged and most of it does not function or is damaged. The wireless internet did not work. My room was filthy, stinky, dirty.... The Air Conditioning did not work and you were not able to open the windows. The phone did not work and the furniture was broken, old and dirty. The bathroom was dirty, tiles were broken etc...
NOT RECOMMENDABLE! Totally overpriced for what it is!

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
NASHVILLE, TN.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

We Arrived At 2:30 And Were Told That The Room Would Not Be Ready Until 3.We Went Out around the square and came back around 3:30 - Room Still not ready. Came back at 4:30 (They said they would call , but didn't) and were told that the room had just been cleaned. When we got to the room, THE CURTAINS Were ABOUT TO FALL OFF ( no hooks to replace them) THE REFRIGERATOR and COFFE POT WERE MISSING, THERE WERE NO TOWELS AND the PLACE OBVIOUSLY HAD NOT BEEN CLEANED IN WEEKS. We called down and asked about the towels - THEY BROUGHT UP 2 SMALL BATH TOWELS ( nothing else) WE GRABBED OUR BAGS AND WENT DOWNSTAIRS AND DEMANDED A REFUND AND LEFT. No Hotel IS BETTER THAN THIS HOTEL. - We have pictures.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Volos, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

we stayed for three days (me and my wife) in this inn which is clean, calm close to Oakland's commercial centre and some meters away from Jack London's square.
the personnel was friendly, the rooms were clean and although we were worried about is proximity to central avenues, the room was calm and we had a good time. It is not luxurious but it is descent and we chose it because it is only 4 stations away from San Fransisco and it costs much less compared to similar hotels of SF. I recommend it to everyone who has a business and he has to spend few days around SF.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

Full of roaches hot hot hot rooms very uncomfortable!! Do not stay here!!!the front desk was nice enough to not make us pay for the room but I left with a migraine and saw a big cockroach crawling on the front doors do not put your bags on the floor..

• Stayed October 2014
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

I have never written a review in my life for any purchase good or bad, but I must warn everyone to please stay away from this roach motel. I just left there and I wish I had listen to the reviews. Since I was born and raised in Oakland, and can remember when this was a nice place. I refused to believe the reviews, and did I screw up. I could go on forever but I won't, just avoid.
I was there 4 nights and 2 I slept in the car.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Been to Jack London Inn? Share your experiences!