“Don't Stay Here!” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   444 Embarcadero West, Oakland, CA 94607   |
Ranked #40 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
“Don't Stay Here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

18th wedding anniversary ruined by dirty sheets, loud guests, an even Louder party, Broken Heat, Remote, Phone, and Wires hanging out where a smoke alarm should be. Could Not Open Windows. We left. Our 94 dollar Loss. Don't Stay Here!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed there, because it was close to the client I was visiting next morning and I came in late evening! It was only for one night.
The entire interior is very aged and most of it does not function or is damaged. The wireless internet did not work. My room was filthy, stinky, dirty.... The Air Conditioning did not work and you were not able to open the windows. The phone did not work and the furniture was broken, old and dirty. The bathroom was dirty, tiles were broken etc...
NOT RECOMMENDABLE! Totally overpriced for what it is!

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
NASHVILLE, TN.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

We Arrived At 2:30 And Were Told That The Room Would Not Be Ready Until 3.We Went Out around the square and came back around 3:30 - Room Still not ready. Came back at 4:30 (They said they would call , but didn't) and were told that the room had just been cleaned. When we got to the room, THE CURTAINS Were ABOUT TO FALL OFF ( no hooks to replace them) THE REFRIGERATOR and COFFE POT WERE MISSING, THERE WERE NO TOWELS AND the PLACE OBVIOUSLY HAD NOT BEEN CLEANED IN WEEKS. We called down and asked about the towels - THEY BROUGHT UP 2 SMALL BATH TOWELS ( nothing else) WE GRABBED OUR BAGS AND WENT DOWNSTAIRS AND DEMANDED A REFUND AND LEFT. No Hotel IS BETTER THAN THIS HOTEL. - We have pictures.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Volos, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

we stayed for three days (me and my wife) in this inn which is clean, calm close to Oakland's commercial centre and some meters away from Jack London's square.
the personnel was friendly, the rooms were clean and although we were worried about is proximity to central avenues, the room was calm and we had a good time. It is not luxurious but it is descent and we chose it because it is only 4 stations away from San Fransisco and it costs much less compared to similar hotels of SF. I recommend it to everyone who has a business and he has to spend few days around SF.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

Full of roaches hot hot hot rooms very uncomfortable!! Do not stay here!!!the front desk was nice enough to not make us pay for the room but I left with a migraine and saw a big cockroach crawling on the front doors do not put your bags on the floor..

• Stayed October 2014
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

I have never written a review in my life for any purchase good or bad, but I must warn everyone to please stay away from this roach motel. I just left there and I wish I had listen to the reviews. Since I was born and raised in Oakland, and can remember when this was a nice place. I refused to believe the reviews, and did I screw up. I could go on forever but I won't, just avoid.
I was there 4 nights and 2 I slept in the car.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2014

When we arived the the hotel lobby had a vintage feel. How ever after we left the lobby no our way to the room everything went down hill. The hotel has an elevator that clearly has not worked in a while and instead of fixing it they stuck a fake tree in front of it. The hallways give you the impression you are in a mental hospital. When we got to the room the carpet and bed had large stain on them and there was no AC or way to get any ventilation in the smelly room. The Bathroom ceiling was falling in and there where no towel in the room. During a trip to the front desk to ask about the deplorable conditions and to ask about towles we were told that there where no towles currently and we would have to wait. Now it's the next morning and we have made another trip to the front desk to ask for towels and this time we were promised that they would be brought up to our room but we are still waiting.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Jack London Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Jack London Inn

Address: 444 Embarcadero West, Oakland, CA 94607
Location: United States > California > Oakland
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #40 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
Hotel Class:2 star — Jack London Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Jack London Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Jack London Hotel Oakland
Jack London Oakland

If you own or manage Jack London Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.