“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 47 Hotels in Oakland
Agoura Hills, California
“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is the single WORST hotel I have every stayed in. The room was disgusting. The sink would not drain and I had to use the bathtub to brush my teeth. I asked them to fix the sink and they said "no". The air conditioning did not work, the TV was broken, the carpet missing inn places, drywall missing, linoleum in the bathroom was all pealing up. I can stress enough to NEVER book this hotel. There were even burn marks on the nightstand from people crack pipes. The elevator permit expired in 2009. I did not even have any towels which did not really matter since the hotel does not have any hot water. One night I heard a commotion and looked through the peep hole so see a pimp and his hoe walking down the hallway.

I have stayed in hostiles for $15 a night that seem like the Ritz Carlton compared to this place. STAY FAR AWAY!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

lobby looks nice as we walk in, but that's as far as it goes. after waiting 20 minutes to run credit card because card reader was down we received key cards that took three trips back down to get into room that looked bad. holes in walls , carpet was dirty, furniture was damaged or missing parts, bathroom stunk with only two towels that were many years old. and the constant beep of a low battery in a smoke alarm in the hallway, the bed sagged so bad it was like sleeping in a hammock. train noise most of night was loud. would have rather slept in car which it did cross our minds.

Room Tip: stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Worst hotel I've ever stayed in. I travel a lot with my family and this is far and away the worst hotel I've ever encountered. If you like being woken up by trains cruising past your room all night long, by all means, stay at this hotel. Also, the walls in the rooms are paper thin and I could hear my neighbor talking on his phone. The bathroom was also a disaster, broken knob in the shower, stains on the sink and shower, and the shower barely worked. Do not waste your money at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My recent stay at the Jack London Inn was, for lack of better words, less than desirable. The 'hotel' was not at all like what was represented on the Kayak website. I have images that I can share with you as proof of this filthy location. The room as I walked in was dirty, but as I looked around it only got worse. There were cigarette burns in the nightstand, desk, and table. There was what looked like someone was cooking something on the desk, I can assume that it was drugs with safe conscience. There were bodily stains and cigarette burns on the sheets. No blankets, not that I would have used one. The restroom was a disaster. There was one loop of paper around the toilet paper roll. When I attempted to use a tissue that was located in the side of the sink counter, I found only the tissue that was pulled out to display the tissues. One tissue. The sink counter and shower curtain were covered in what looked like someone broke a glow stick and waved it around the room. The bathtub was a nightmare. I was not able to take a shower in this room to prepare for a 7 hour flight back home. When I called down to the desk to ask for a fresh roll of toilet paper, I was told it would be right up. After 20 mins of waiting I walked down to the lobby to find some and also ask for some clean sheets. The person at the desk was a different person, he looked like a maintenance person that just happened to be passing through. This 'gentleman' said that it would be right up, and as I was walking to the elevator the person that I spoke to originally was walking in the door with an arm full of Chinese food. I can only assume that picking up his order was more important than assisting a paying customer. He agreed to retrieve the essentials for me and bring them up to my room. He set to it right away and even got in the elevator with me, enlisting a prostitute that was waiting in the lobby for her client to help him retrieve the sheet and toilet paper. I am an aspiring writer, but I can't make this stuff up. The only reason I didn't leave right away was that I didn't want to take my wife out into public this late at night in the terrible part of town that this hotel was located in. Did I mention the black stained washcloth that was neatly folded into the 'clean' towels left for us? I would like to add that I enjoy camping and have slept in and waded through mud in the jungle. I'm a tough it kind of guy. This was the most unsanitary experience of my life.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Madrid, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We were placed in a back room with a view to the bins. The place smells smoke and it is not very well maintained. This was the last place were i use my credit card before the number was copied and used for an amount of 2.300 €; i don't want to mislead, but this is not the only comment on this issue for this hotel in may 2013.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed here mid-May 2013. Credit card info stolen and used in San Jose.Only time I used the card on that trip.
So I'm looking to book a room in Oakland and I read a review of this place (on Priceline) and a customer's review (from April, 2013) said that credit card info stolen and used in San Jose.
You cannot check in without a credit card so this may be the source of the theft of credit card info.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Long Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

First of all, the lobby smelled like smoke. The guy behind the counter was nice and efficient. We got our key, Room# 308. When I opened the door, the first thing I noticed was the stained carpet. That turned me off. Then I saw the windows were also stained and dirty, I swear I didn't feel like touching anything!! The bedsheets looked like they had not been changed, the desk was full of white spots and the walls were an old yellow color. But the thing that pushed me over the edge was my partner screaming in horror. Why you ask? Well she was in the restroom and the toilet had stuck poop inside the bowl!!! GROSS!!!!! The toilet seat was stained a yellow/brown color. There's a vanity next to the bathroom that was stained by nail polish. For $95 a night I expect waaaayyyy more!!! I went back to the lobby, got my money and got the hell out! DON'T STAY HERE!!!!! p.s the pictures on the website did not match

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Jack London Inn? Share your experiences!