“Ahhhhhhh.. after a long days work I can relax and NOT watch Cable!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8452 Edes Ave, Oakland, CA 94621 (Formerly Fairfield Inn & Suites Oakland Hayward)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
San Fernando, California
“Ahhhhhhh.. after a long days work I can relax and NOT watch Cable!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This hotel is located just of the freeway and I have been there several times mostly for the rewards stay two times and get a day free.. Well this now ends due to the following facts of BAD Upper Managment. I woke up on Thursday morning and I turned on the TV to watch the morning news.. Well NO Cable hmmm.... I called down and they told me that the cable company was informed about it and they where looking into it.... OK...I work from 7 am to about 7 pm most of the time due to what I do. I went out to dinner and came back to the hotel to sit down have a soda I do not drink Beer or anything else on the road. I turned on the TV and guess what NO TV still..... When I called to the desk to see what was going on they had no idea when it would be back up. So it was about 9 pm so I went to sleep. The next morning it was still the same. My complaint is not having the TV it is that no one at any time called came to my room or in anyway told us of the problem. What kind of management Does this organization have. I no longer will be going to any of their hotels. One more thing the towels they have are old and thread torn. If you do go ask if the TV is working and the towels are not threadborne. Bye for now.

Room Tip: Ask if the TV's are working and the towels are clean
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
young101, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Effective June 1, 2013 the Comfort Inn & Suites, Oakland Airport is under new management. We are sorry to hear that you didn't have the experience you expected when you previously stayed at the hotel. We have the experience, the commitment and the resources to support our efforts in making this hotel a best choice for lodging in the area. Maintenance issues and amenities are top priorities for us. I hope that you might give us another chance in the future to show what a great stay we can provide. Warmest Regards, Candy Woodby, CHO.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Nice and big room with adequate amenities BUT problems with plumbing and cleanliness. The first non-smoking room (3rd floor) that we got was kind of OK but the next door room were smoking marijuana and the smell was all over the place and penetrating everywhere. When I was talking to the manager even before I mention what room, she asked me is it on 3rd floor? and I replied "Yes". It proved me that they know already about this and it is an ongoing deal. She checked the situation out but did NOTHING to stop them, not even a knock on the door or a notice!! Then she told me "We have to charge them extra $200 for violating the policies". I told her, this will take care of your business but what good does it do to me and our health or safety?? She moved us to 2nd floor. The place looked OK till I wanted to take a shower. The hot water was OK but the drain was so slow that I thought it is clogged. One of the bath towels had hair on it. I was so tired that did not want to move to another room again. Just slept and left the place earliest in the morning. ** There are one way back doors in this building that you can go out but cannot get in and must pass in front of the main person in the lobby but there were two occasions that the safety was compromised, the first one is when I wanted to get to my car, two guys were waiting to get in (which they did) and the second one was in the morning that somebody has put a plastic cup in the latch of the door to prevent it from closing and it appeared that the door has been open the whole night for their own activities and when I brought it up to the management's attention they were not surprised.**

Room Tip: Check the plumbing before unpacking! You might end up relocating 10 times.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We are sorry to hear that you didn't have the experience you expected when you previously stayed at the hotel. Effective June 1, 2013 the Comfort Inn & Suites, Oakland Airport is under new management. We have implemented policies that require immediate check out if smoking or maximum occupancy rules are violated as part of our commitment to providing a safe, accommodating and comfortable environment for families and business travelers. I hope that you might give us another chance in the future to show what a great stay we can provide. Warm regards, Candy Woodby, CHO.
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a clean room, low rate, and a free shuttle to the airport at 4am - and this hotel provided just that. Rooms and hallways could use a little work, but are as expected for what the rate was. Great staff, and Sean who was working the nightshirt was great to work with even at 4am. Do not hesitate to book here.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear you had a good experience. We are a new management team for the hotel, so I encourage you to come back and enjoy even better service in the future. Warm regards, Candy Woodby, CHO.
Oakland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

It was a very decent stay. Comfortable bed. Clean room and fair service. I read other reviews on this hotel prior to booking my this hotel. I read lots about the neighborhood being unsavory. I disagree, the neighborhood was safe and quiet. The only bad experience would be the good service st the hotel, they use a 3rd party service and the food is way too pricey for the crap food. It was so expensive and such low grade jail house food. Yuck!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites, Oakland Airport. As of June 1, 2013, we are the new management team for the hotel. I'd like to invite you back whenever you are in the area so that you can experience an even better stay. Warm regards, Candy Woodby, CHO.
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Pros - it wasn't visibly dirty and the staff was friendly. The room itself was totally fine for the reasonable price. very close to the airport. Shuttle every 30 mins. Nice lobby. Free internet.
Cons - Sounds and smells. Our hallway and room smelled horrible. Our room had clearly once been a smoking room and hadn't yet recovered...so there were all sorts of chemical smells laid over stale tobacco odor, I suppose meant to drown it out. Horrible. The hallway smelled almost exactly like fresh cat litter (at least it didn't smell like used cat litter!). I felt like there were harsh chemicals all over the place... We did get used to it...and it was just for one night, so it was ok...but unpleasant nonetheless. The other big con - the walls are VERY VERY VERY thin. We heard every single word said by other guests in the hallway and in the room next door.

AND At 4 in the morning I woke up with a start - our bed was shaking, our wall was shaking. In my sleepy state I immediately thought it was an earthquake! As I started to wake up I realized no...not an earthquake, just a somewhat fat couple in the room next door making love very boisterously - their headboard banging again and again against the wall which our bed was also up against. Our whole room was rocking and rolling with the motion of the activities. Now that I was fully awake - I heard every moan and grunt of their amorous adventure.
AND They gave a repeat performance at 9 AM.
Just an FYI

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the Comfort Inn & Suites, Oakland Airport. We are sorry to hear you didn't have a great stay. We are a new management team that is dedicated to customer satisfaction and we have put many policies in place to make sure we are doing our best. I encourage you to stay with us again when in the area so that we can change your mind about our hotel. Warm regards, Candy Woodby, CHO.
Wethersfield, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I promise, this is as honest as I can be..The housekeeping/ breakfast staff were amazing! The rooms were clean. We felt comfortable. Here's the downside, the parking lot is small, if the are full and there is no parking, you will have to park somewhere else (off the property). Motel 6 is so seedy and shady looking and it is right next door!! On one of the nights, it was fully booked and some other patrons parked off the property and their vehicle was broken into and all contents were stolen, if there is no parking...go somewhere else. otherwise, we stayed for 4 days and everything was fine. It was an easy drive to San Francisco and cheap. Breakfast was mediocre, coffee was awful...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
The Comfort Inn & Suites, Oakland Airport is under new management as of June 1, 2013. We appreciate the opportunity to make your stay safe, accommodating and comfortable. Please try us again when you are in the area so that we can do a better job for you. Warm regards, Candy Woodby, CHO.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We did the "park n fly" out of Oakland airport. Personnel at front desk was friendly and efficient. Room was clean and very quiet, but freezing cold. The hallway was also very cold, thermostat was set at 65 degrees. The shuttle service at 4:30 AM was exceptional. We booked a room again for our midnight return visit requesting our room to be warmed to 70 degrees before arrival. It didn't happen. We won't return, the Comfort Inn is not comfortable enough for us.

Room Tip: Third floor ~ very quiet room, just bring an extra blanket and jackets to keep warm the first 2 hour...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!