“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I've stayed here and once for a very extended stay. The service personnel (Yenny, thank you!!) were great, the shuttle service excellent (Patrick does a great job!! thank you!!). The breakfast is good and always replenished promptly; the staff will do everything to please you!! The General manager (Vickie) was very helpful and made our stay extremely pleasant. Actually, the ENTIRE staff was exemplary.

Co-workers also stayed at times and were very satisfied.

There were also no billing issues even with this multi-month stay.

The value was great. I paid twice what I paid here in nearby Emeryville at one of the 'highly" rated hotels and paid for parking and breakfast and received far less value for my money.

We are seasoned business travelers and know the difference.

Recommended

Room Tip: No pool but does have a hot tube. There are various delivery services with differing cuisines. Quit...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Bhotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are so proud of our team and the high level of customer service they provide our guests, so your acknowledgement is wonderful to hear. I will let our staff know how much their efforts are appreciated. Your comments about the smooth billing process is quite a compliment considering the length of your stay.

The value we offer is considerable, when you take into account the extras like the free parking, continental breakfast, shuttle service, etc. Thank you for choosing our hotel for "your home away from home”.

Dhruv Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Turlock, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Been staying here for a while now. Vicky was very pleasant and took care of us. . Its a really great location so close to airport, golf and Franchescos which is my favorite place to eat. i really hope they decide to bring back the happy hour at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Bhotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review of our hotel. I will pass along your compliments to Vicky. Many of our guests really like our convenient location, close to entertainment and dining.

Regarding our happy hour, we noticed the number of guests that were actually utilizing our reception significantly decreased as those guests chose to dine out instead at the great restaurants in the surrounding area, hence our discontinuation of that service.

Please visit us again soon, when you are in the Bay Area.

Kahuku, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The rooms are okay. My AC wasn't working properly, but since I was there for only one night it didn't matter to me. There's a nice little continental breakfast starting at 6:30am. Got a little bite to eat before leaving. There's a complimentary shuttle to and from Oakland airport. My driver Patrick was simply fantastic. He told me a lot about the hotel and the greater Oakland area. Great conversations and he has great attention to service detail.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear beans1,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the room.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the air condition and the limited breakfast. We will address these point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ferndale, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Clean rooms, helpful front desk staff. Forgot some personal items at home, they provided toothbrush, toothpaste and razors. We had a delay with our flights and had to stay another night without any reservations. Even with a booked hotel, they provided accommodations seamlessly with check in as easy as pie. Our shuttle drivers Clarence and James were the best and there to help with anything we needed even offering to shuttle us to dinner reservations.
Our only hiccup was the remote for the TV...they worked with us to get it just right.
Thanks for a great stay. Whenever we are back in the area, we will use this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bhotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

What a nice review of our hotel! I am happy that we were able to accommodate your family with the unexpected glitch in your travels. I will convey your compliments to the staff, especially Clarence and James. Our team enjoys assisting our guests, so they will be glad to hear your expression of appreciation.

Thank you again for staying with us, come back soon.

Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is close to the Oakland Airport. Unless you have a GPS it may be difficult to find it especially in the night since it lies at the intersection of several freeways. There was a strange odor as we approached the hotel but inside everything was fine. Our bed was comfortable.

We got a room apparently intended for the physically challenged. The shower head was an adjustable handheld one but if was difficult to turn it on or to hang it back! We took our showers holding the head in one hand.

Although the hotel advertises free hot breakfast, much of the fare is heated packaged stuff. Nevertheless if you have to catch an early morning flight etc., the convenience of this hotel cannot be beat since they also provide free shuttle service.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms for the disabled if you can.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am glad that you found our hotel conveniently located, the shuttle timely and the bed comfortable. We take our guest’s comments seriously, so I will investigate the functionality of the showers in the accessible rooms. Thank you for choosing our hotel. I hope that we were able to make your journey more enjoyable, that is our goal.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had an early morning flight to Hawaii after several days of staying in Berkeley on our SF visit, so we decided to stay near the airport and got this hotel through hotwire. We spent most of the day in Berkeley and had dinner there and only slept at the hotel, but we were pleased with the service and accommodations.
We took the Bart train from Berkeley and were able to call the hotel and have the shuttle driver come and pick us up at the Bart station. (The hotel shuttle buses stop in a small pull-over area a little walk to the right of where the Bart airport shuttle bus pulls in).
We did not have to wait long and then had the bus to the hotel. The check-in clerks seemed to be very busy on the phone receiving calls from other people who had either arrived at the airport and needed the bus or others at the bart station waiting for the shuttle, and I was impressed with how they were keeping on top of all of the calls.
The hotel was clean, if dated in the room decor, but had everything we needed. Was able to get the shuttle bus again to the airport the next morning so a nice short trip to be there for 7:30 a.m. and didn't have to get up as early as we would if we had not stayed near the airport.
What I did NOT like, and I have noticed this at other HOliday Inn Express outlets, was the cheap, tacky disposable plates and utensils they put out for their free breakfast area in the morning. I realize this is not a full-service restaurant but just a breakfast-serving area that is used only in the morning, but WHY can the hotel not manage to use real plates and utensils? Would it be that difficult to install a dishwasher?? When I am forced to eat on styrofoam plates and plastic forks I feel that I'm at a fast-food place like McDonald's and I find it a depressing way to start the day. It's also a huge waste at a time when we should be thinking of the environment...think of all the garbage that must pile up in a year from the styrofoam plates being thrown away from just this one hotel...I guess we're supposed to appreciate the free breakfast, but I would rather do without than eat off of paper plates. I find this appalling and a sour note at a hotel that was otherwise fine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Steve,

We really appreciate your compliments about our staff, hotel cleanliness and service. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that our shuttle made your travels easier.

Regarding our choice of dish ware, I am happy to report that we use 100% biodegradable breakfast ware. It may look like Styrofoam but Styrofoam is actually illegal in the area. Thank you for taking the time to share your sentiments with us, it is important to us to know what our guests think.

We hope that you choose our hotel on your next trip to the Bay Area.

Oakland CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

After flying 12 hours to get to Oakland I was worn out. I called the hotel from the airport and was met with a warm hello. Jorje had the shuttle there in minutes. The shuttle driver, Berket was awesome. When I checked in the process was smooth and quick and Jorge was extremely plesant. I had a small issue with the TV remote. Jorge had it correced in 2 minutes. This is the BEST experience I have ever had at a hotel and I travel 40 weeks a year.

Congrats to the management for having this level of service instilled in their associates.
I cant wait to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear David,

Your kind remarks about our friendly, helpful staff were great to hear. We are very proud of the excellent service they extend to our guests. Thank you for noticing their efforts, I will share your comments with the team.

Your business is important to us, we look forward to your next stay with us.

Dhruv Patel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!