Was staying there for about 5-6 days in total due to deciding my next travel destination. Front desk person in charge were so friendly to me and the cleaners too.
General manager, whom i dont know her name, but she was Hispanic, made my entire travel plan to be stuck. Long story short, had a flight to Dubai yest, at 3.45pm. So, i had 3 big luggages with me and did a two round trip to the BART station by the shuttle service provided by them. The driver was nice and helpful and Christy, at the front desk was helpful too. During the second round for the shuttle to drop my bag at the BART station, the so called General Manager came to drop my bag and i thought that im good to go. She said, You need to come with me to the hotel to clear your payment off. So, i was like ????????? The matter of fact is that the credit card payment didnt accept for one night charge. I dodmt have much cash with me because i paid for my baggage storage at the airport. And, i tried calling my family and friends back at home and the worst is, its about 2am in the morning for them. Couldnt get hold of anyone. So, she SNAPPED my passport and told me, i trust you and letting you to go in a way you dont wish to hear. When i asked her why she took my passport copu, she said in order fot her to complain to my freaking embassy for not paying $120 when i had made a fee of $500++. And she did a very cheap move by taking up all the money i had with me in my wallet for about $32. How cheap is that ??
If at all, anyone at the front desk did this, it is still acceptable because they are not so ecperienced but for a hotel GENERAL MANAGER to do this, i feel like she has a very low standard and not professional at all. In short, SHE made me to miss my damn flight to Dubai by costing me a penalty fee of $520 to my airlines. She should be happy right now. I am well travelled and syayed in numerous hotel but never once come across this kind of situation. Will never advice anyone to stay there. GENERAL MANAGER should be changed to keep up the hotel quality or else customers will leave negative feedback. I have also noticed that she was being very bossy towarde her staffs and the way she potraits herself. I have stayed in Hard Rock, Sheraton Sukhumvit, Hyatt and i even talked to their General Managers, they were so down to earth and polite. But by being in a not so top class hotel, and giving a customer this kind of feedback, it is totally ridiculous and cant be accepted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express & Suites is the closest hotel to the Oakland International Airport and centrally located between San Francisco and Silicon Valley.We welcome all guests either for work or play. Less than half a mile from the Oakland International Airport and just one mile from the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum & Oracle Arena- home to the Oakland Raiders, the Oakland Athletics and the Golden State Warriors, you can really enjoy the home field advantage. All guest rooms are equipped with a microwave, wet bar, refrigerator & high-speed Internet access wired and wireless connections.We also serve a delicious hot buffet breakfast every morning, and we have a Manager's Reception served in our Lobby area on Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday from 5:30 PM until 7:30 PM.We are 100% non-smoking! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Oakland Hotel Oakland
- Oakland Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Oakland