“Great park, sleep, and fly” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 47 hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Roseville, California
“Great park, sleep, and fly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We were flying out of Oakland on a early morning flight for a week at Christmas. This airport was a no-brainer.

Your car is parked in their parking lot (within feet of the door). They have their own exclusive shuttle (as the airport is ~5 minutes by car, the shuttle is never more than 10 minutes away).

The hotel is either brand new or newly renovated because it was that level of clean you can only get from a new building. It was also very quiet in the room (which is impressive being this close to the airport).

We were leaving before their continental breakfast was starting, but they were able to pull as many muffins as we wanted from the back room to take with us.

Overall, I was very happy with this hotel. Here is the only exceptional exception to this:

Not long after we checked into the room we found a 9mm gun magazine between the bedside table and the wall (in a place smaller than a vacuum could fit). I took it down to the front desk to make sure that it was returned to the original owner (I assumed an air marshal as this hotel was insanely close to the airport.). Received a call from the general manager a few days later apologizing for the experience. I don't fault the hotel for the experience. Nobody is perfect, but they seem to be certainly doing everything to the best of their abilities.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bhotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Your favorable review of our hotel regarding the convenient location and shuttle service, cleanliness, exceptional quality of the facility and the attentiveness of our staff was great to hear. I am glad that your early morning departure worked out so well.

I apologize for the unpleasant lost and found item that you reported to our staff. I can assure you that we will use this as a valuable learning experience for our staff.

Please let me know when you will be visiting us again, so that I can personally ensure that you have another positive experience at our hotel. Thank you for your business.

264 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

At first I was nervous choosing a hotel in the Oakland area, but I decided on this hotel because it is closest to the airport. When I got to the hotel I noticed it was gated, so only one way in and one way out for added security, and overall it seemed like a safe location.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your complimentary review of our hotel and the convenient location close to the Oakland Airport. We look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to the Bay Area.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance to you.

Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Hotel is more "homey" than the also-excellent Holiday Inn at the Airport. THe breakfast goes beyond the usual "breakfast-included" fare on ecan usually expect. The rooms are nice, the staff is friendly & accomodating: I felt they were glad to have me, & pleased to help me. The shuttle was quick & convenient. One trip i had to change my plans several times, so that my day became a hectic mess. In the middle of this, I forgot to call to cancel my room, Even though I saw the hotel charges two weeks later, and even though they had been sold-out that night, Hitika, the supervisor, with the permission of the GM (Vicky) kindly refunded my money! I can say that this is the kind of hotel where you are cared for, and will feel it. Thanks to Hitaka, Vicky & the fine staff, here! - The Davster

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Les,

Your remarks about the politeness and consideration of our staff are so nice to hear. I will pass on your comments to them. They enjoy helping our guests, thank you for noticing.

Our breakfast is always a big hit with our guests and the shuttle makes travel much easier. I am glad that you found them a benefit.

We hope to see you on your next trip to Oakland.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

After a long trip from New York I booked a room at the holiday inn express in Oakland and received great service. Last thing I needed was to be waiting on a taxi or shuttle to take me to my hotel and the shuttle was there by the time I picked up my luggage it was great! The service from the front desk was Excellent as I felt very welcomed to the city of Oakland! I will definitely stay here again! Good job management for your great staff!

• Stayed November 2012
Bhotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guayavita,

Thank you for your compliments about our prompt shuttle service from the airport and our customer service. We try hard to make our guests' travel experience a pleasant one, so I will convey your comments to our staff.

I hope that you can stay with us on your next trip to the San Francisco Bay Area. Thank you for your business.

Albany, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My family came in for the holidays and we had 11 rooms at the Holiday Inn Express at Oakland's Airport. The staff was awesome and the management team was equally outstanding. My family and I felt as if we had stayed with relatives. This was the level of customer service in which we received. The rooms were great, the breakfast was good and the hot cookies were the best. If you are looking for affordable accommodation and a place where the staff will be appreciative of you spending your hard earn money in their establishment, then this is the place you would love. Ms Hithika was super awesome in making my family feel welcome. The GM-Ms Vicky and her entire staff has won the loyalty of the Hopkins' family. Thanks again for the wonderful customer service that you provided during our brief stay. May God Bless You All!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bhotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear GHOP5,

It was a pleasure to meet your family and accommodate them during the holiday festivities. I am glad the rooms worked out so well and the service met and exceeded your expectations. Our breakfast and cookies are a big hit with families, it is nice that your family enjoyed them as well.

Please consider our hotel for future reunions, we enjoy hosting family celebrations.

All the best to you and yours.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

I would definitely stay here again. !
Clean, good breakfast and excellent service.
Personnel was very helpful and cordial.

Thank you for making our stay comfortable and restful which was just what we needed.

Dear Lore8aa,

Thank you for the complimentary review of the service, cleanliness and
breakfast. I will let the staff know that you were pleased with their
efforts to provide good service. Please visit us again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here due to a last minute cancellation on my trip. I was really upset with the airline but the staff at the holiday inn made my day from night to day! The next morning the shuttle guy was very friendly and efficient.

• Stayed November 2012
Bhotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Amoyjk7,

I am glad that you were able to enjoy your stay at our hotel despite your
flight delay. We appreciate your compliments about our hotel and our
shuttle service driver. I hope that you can visit us again under more
pleasant circumstances.

Dhruv Patel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!