“Great Service!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 47 hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

After a long trip from New York I booked a room at the holiday inn express in Oakland and received great service. Last thing I needed was to be waiting on a taxi or shuttle to take me to my hotel and the shuttle was there by the time I picked up my luggage it was great! The service from the front desk was Excellent as I felt very welcomed to the city of Oakland! I will definitely stay here again! Good job management for your great staff!

• Stayed November 2012
Bhotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guayavita,

Thank you for your compliments about our prompt shuttle service from the airport and our customer service. We try hard to make our guests' travel experience a pleasant one, so I will convey your comments to our staff.

I hope that you can stay with us on your next trip to the San Francisco Bay Area. Thank you for your business.

258 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Albany, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My family came in for the holidays and we had 11 rooms at the Holiday Inn Express at Oakland's Airport. The staff was awesome and the management team was equally outstanding. My family and I felt as if we had stayed with relatives. This was the level of customer service in which we received. The rooms were great, the breakfast was good and the hot cookies were the best. If you are looking for affordable accommodation and a place where the staff will be appreciative of you spending your hard earn money in their establishment, then this is the place you would love. Ms Hithika was super awesome in making my family feel welcome. The GM-Ms Vicky and her entire staff has won the loyalty of the Hopkins' family. Thanks again for the wonderful customer service that you provided during our brief stay. May God Bless You All!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bhotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear GHOP5,

It was a pleasure to meet your family and accommodate them during the holiday festivities. I am glad the rooms worked out so well and the service met and exceeded your expectations. Our breakfast and cookies are a big hit with families, it is nice that your family enjoyed them as well.

Please consider our hotel for future reunions, we enjoy hosting family celebrations.

All the best to you and yours.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

I would definitely stay here again. !
Clean, good breakfast and excellent service.
Personnel was very helpful and cordial.

Thank you for making our stay comfortable and restful which was just what we needed.

Dear Lore8aa,

Thank you for the complimentary review of the service, cleanliness and
breakfast. I will let the staff know that you were pleased with their
efforts to provide good service. Please visit us again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here due to a last minute cancellation on my trip. I was really upset with the airline but the staff at the holiday inn made my day from night to day! The next morning the shuttle guy was very friendly and efficient.

• Stayed November 2012
Bhotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Amoyjk7,

I am glad that you were able to enjoy your stay at our hotel despite your
flight delay. We appreciate your compliments about our hotel and our
shuttle service driver. I hope that you can visit us again under more
pleasant circumstances.

Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

As an employee of AT & T, who provides services worldwide, it is a pleasure for me to receive the same level of professional service by the entire staff of the Holiday Inn Express at the Oakland Airport location. Being made to feel comfortable and at home doesn't come easy for a lot of other hotels. This hotel bends over backwards to fulfill all requests and won my confidence by going above and beyond to meet my expectations. The following individuals demonstrated what the definition of "team" and "professional" should be. These people are Kristine, Mary, Hitika, Sean, Jorge, Karla, James, Patrick, Elvia and Ricardo. My total stays are approximately 6 weeks. It has been a wonderful experience being cared for by these true professionals. I hope they are rewarded for their dedication and excellent service they provide to their guests and the public. It would be my pleasure to refer your hotel to my friends and family. Keep up the outstanding work. Thank you all.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are convenient access to spa and gym.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bhotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear firstfloorguy,

Many thanks for the complimentary review of our staff and the excellent service they provide. We are extremely proud of our staff and we love to hear them receive the recognition they deserve. I will certainly convey your generous feedback to them.

We appreciate your choosing our hotel for your extensive travels, especially in light of your high standards. I hope you choose us for your next visit to the Bay Area.

Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had two overnight stays at Holiday Inn Express-Oakland Airport the first two Fridays in November to attend jazz shows at Yoshi's Jazz Club on Jack London Square (Earl Klugh and David Sanborn), and didn't want to stay at one of the overpriced hotels near or around the Square. I choose this Holiday Inn Express because of its convenience to the 880 Freeway, its price (which includes free breakfast) and proximity to Yoshi's (about a 10 min drive). The first night, I was placed in a room on the second floor facing the parking lot and the airport, which I actually liked because I could look out the window and see my car. The windows are tempered very well because the room was very quiet-- I didn't hear one airplane. I'm a "Priority Rewards" member and upon check-in I received a "goodie bag" which contained two, 16 oz bottles of water, a chewy granola bar and a letter from the general manager welcoming me to the hotel along with the phone extension and e-mail address where they can be reached if need be. This was totally unexpected and much appreciated (especially the bottled water!). The room itself has a wet bar with a microwave oven and a mini-frig which was another nice touch, as the second night I stayed after that next morning's breakfast along with my coffee I brought back to the room a danish and butter, which I was able to warm up (nothing like a fattening danish smothered in melted butter and a cup of coffee in the morning!). Breakfast is included in the price of the room and was what you'd expect. The breakfast bar provided enough food and enough choice to satisfy even the pickiest eaters. I will now tell you this-- along with decaf, there was a choice of two regular coffees: french roast and a gourmet blend. The gourmet blend was good, but the french roast was excellent, in my opinion. Both coffees were definitely a premium blend. The only issue I had with the room, which I failed to bring to the attention of the management, is that the one I was placed in during my second overnight stay on the first floor (#156), has a mini-frig that buzzed all night long. I didn't notice this sound when I checked in earlier in the evening, but after getting back from Yoshi's at 12:30 a.m. and ready for sleep, I was hyper aware of any sound. Normally, I would have gone to the front desk and had the clerk put me in another room but I use a humidifier when I go to sleep which makes i's own noise thus drowning out the buzzing sound, so I was okay with the situation. All-in-all, both overnight stays were very pleasant. Everyone I encountered from the front desk to the housekeeping staff was friendly. I plan on occasion making weekend jaunts to Oakland to get a jazz fix at Yoshi's and will definitely be booking my overnight stays at Holiday Inn Express-Oakland.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Keepinitrealincali,

Thank you for your comprehensive review of the Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport. Our proximity to Yoshi’s and some of the other great venues in the Bay Area is popular with many of our guests. I am glad our location was so convenient for you also. Many guests are also as pleased as you were with the quietness of our hotel, despite our proximity to the airport.

Our goal is to provide a great place to stay with a good breakfast and clean rooms. We like to recognize our Priority Club members with a “goodie bag” and other amenities. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you soon.

Oakland, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express is right next to the Oakland airport. I frequently stay there because I travel from Oakland a number of times a year. Their shuttle service is great, it arrives promptly after I call them to pick me up at the gate. The drive is always friendly and drives safely.

The hotel itself is very clean and has a professional atmosphere. I have never had an issue getting the room I like on the top floor and it is not a noisy neighborhood.

I love this hotel and recommend it to anyone that travels a lot.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bhotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for your kind remarks about the promptness, safety and courtesy of
our shuttle drivers. We know that a responsive shuttle service is important
to our guests and we work hard to accommodate their busy schedules.

Your comments about the cleanliness of the hotel and the professionalism of
our staff are also appreciated. I will pass them on to our employees, who
always like to hear from our guests.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit to the Bay Area. Come
back soon.

Dhruv Patel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!