I had two overnight stays at Holiday Inn Express-Oakland Airport the first two Fridays in November to attend jazz shows at Yoshi's Jazz Club on Jack London Square (Earl Klugh and David Sanborn), and didn't want to stay at one of the overpriced hotels near or around the Square. I choose this Holiday Inn Express because of its convenience to the 880 Freeway, its price (which includes free breakfast) and proximity to Yoshi's (about a 10 min drive). The first night, I was placed in a room on the second floor facing the parking lot and the airport, which I actually liked because I could look out the window and see my car. The windows are tempered very well because the room was very quiet-- I didn't hear one airplane. I'm a "Priority Rewards" member and upon check-in I received a "goodie bag" which contained two, 16 oz bottles of water, a chewy granola bar and a letter from the general manager welcoming me to the hotel along with the phone extension and e-mail address where they can be reached if need be. This was totally unexpected and much appreciated (especially the bottled water!). The room itself has a wet bar with a microwave oven and a mini-frig which was another nice touch, as the second night I stayed after that next morning's breakfast along with my coffee I brought back to the room a danish and butter, which I was able to warm up (nothing like a fattening danish smothered in melted butter and a cup of coffee in the morning!). Breakfast is included in the price of the room and was what you'd expect. The breakfast bar provided enough food and enough choice to satisfy even the pickiest eaters. I will now tell you this-- along with decaf, there was a choice of two regular coffees: french roast and a gourmet blend. The gourmet blend was good, but the french roast was excellent, in my opinion. Both coffees were definitely a premium blend. The only issue I had with the room, which I failed to bring to the attention of the management, is that the one I was placed in during my second overnight stay on the first floor (#156), has a mini-frig that buzzed all night long. I didn't notice this sound when I checked in earlier in the evening, but after getting back from Yoshi's at 12:30 a.m. and ready for sleep, I was hyper aware of any sound. Normally, I would have gone to the front desk and had the clerk put me in another room but I use a humidifier when I go to sleep which makes i's own noise thus drowning out the buzzing sound, so I was okay with the situation. All-in-all, both overnight stays were very pleasant. Everyone I encountered from the front desk to the housekeeping staff was friendly. I plan on occasion making weekend jaunts to Oakland to get a jazz fix at Yoshi's and will definitely be booking my overnight stays at Holiday Inn Express-Oakland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express & Suites is the closest hotel to the Oakland International Airport and centrally located between San Francisco and Silicon Valley.We welcome all guests either for work or play. Less than half a mile from the Oakland International Airport and just one mile from the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum & Oracle Arena- home to the Oakland Raiders, the Oakland Athletics and the Golden State Warriors, you can really enjoy the home field advantage. All guest rooms are equipped with a microwave, wet bar, refrigerator & high-speed Internet access wired and wireless connections.We also serve a delicious hot buffet breakfast every morning, and we have a Manager's Reception served in our Lobby area on Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday from 5:30 PM until 7:30 PM.We are 100% non-smoking! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Oakland Hotel Oakland
- Oakland Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Oakland