“Great stay for San Francisco event” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Portland
“Great stay for San Francisco event”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I came to town for a San Francisco event but there were no rooms in the immediate area. I stayed in Oakland since it was close to the airport and it turned out to be a good choice. The room was very nice. My top three favorite features--plenty of electrical outlets near the desk, excellent wireless signal strength and a nice bathroom. The staff was very friendly and provided excellent service. Free shuttle to and from the airport and to local restaurants or other local stops. This hotel is close to the BART station and the shuttle takes you there. In the evening they served fresh baked cookies and serve free breakfast in the morning. My only gripe is that there are hardly any restaurants around here and those that are here are pretty mediocre. That being said, my stay was very enjoyable and I would definitely stay here again next time I am in the Bay area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Bhotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Your kudos for our hotel, regarding the service, location and amenities were well received by our staff. I am glad that our shuttle service was convenient for you. There could be other restaurant selections in our neighborhood that we can provide you with on your next visit to our hotel that may be more to your liking. Please feel free to contact me at 510.569.4400, so that I can assist you.

Thank you for making the Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport your Bay Area home away from home.

Dhruv Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
California, US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed there for a concert at the nearby Oracle Arena. It was a great choice for the hotel provides free shuttle service to the airport or any point within 3 miles of the hotel. They also provided us with bottled water at checkin. Unfortunately didn't have a chance to eat breakfast but had read great things. Overall would recommend. Room was clean, safe and liked the sitting area in my King room.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Guest,

I am glad that our hotel’s location was so convenient for your concert at the Oracle Arena. Our shuttle service is designed to eliminate transportation costs and hassle for our guests, so that’s great that it was of value to you.

Our breakfast is another favorite amenity of our guests. I hope that you can sample our goodies on your next visit with us.

Our thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport.

Long Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed here for two nights. My room faced the airport. I was so impressed the windows were so good that I never heard any planes. My room was very clean and the service was friendly! The cinammon rolls at the free breakfast are the bomb.com too!

• Stayed September 2012
Bhotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Your complimentary remarks about our hotel and the “quietness” of the rooms and our double paned windows were so nice to hear. I will pass on your comments about the service to our staff, we always like to let them them know that their efforts are appreciated by our guests.

I agree with you about the cinnamon rolls, they are the bomb!

Thank you for staying with us. Let me know if you are planning to return to the Bay Area soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Had a great stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Oakland. The service here was great. Also a huge thanks to Vicky Chong, the general manager. She very easily accommodated our requests and handled all of our future reservations. All with a smile too. Vicky and Vick made it an easy choice to choose this hotel for all of our stays.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your commendation for our hotel. I am glad that Vicky Chong and Vick were able to assist you with your travel arrangements. I believe that helping our guests is one of the most enjoyable parts of our job. And Vicky and Vick certainly enjoy their jobs.

We appreciate your choosing the Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport for your visit to the San Francisco Bay Area. We hope to see you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

All service was great and for sure coming back.

I'm here for work and have a late flight but they are letting me have a special check out to allow me to shower for airport. Great location quick airport access and places to eat. I have along job ahead in alameda and will for sure be staying here the entire tim

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest,

I am glad that we were able to help with your special request for late check out. We understand that our guests sometimes have unique travel patterns and we do our best to be flexible and accommodate. If we can make life a little easier for our guests, we definitely will!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your project in the area. We appreciate your business!

Kansas City, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed here with a family of four (two teens) the night before an early flight. We are frequent HI Express guests, staying in many properties across the country on family trips. This one is pretty standard but it's more expensive than most. $158 vs. $125 and under for most. (Probably indicative of the market) Looks like it was newly renovated within the last few years. It showed a few signs of typical high-traffic airport wear and tear, but overall it's clean. They offer a free shuttle to the airport. We turned our rental car in the night before, and their driver picked us up at the rental car facility and dropped us back at the hotel. Front desk staff was very friendly upon check in. However, the woman in the morning seemed a little tired or annoyed when we asked her to check the ETA on the van driver to the airport. One would not want to spend a vacation here, but it's fine for a night close to the airport.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your remarks about our hotel. We try to make early flights in and out of the airport as convenient as possible. I am glad our shuttle to the car rental agency was helpful to your family. Regarding hotel rates, they do vary in different areas and our goal is to offer the best competitive value for our market.

Thank you for your comment about the front desk associate's courtesy skills. We will use it to further improve the guest experience.

Baltimore,MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Hotel has clean-modern rooms- with breakfast included in rate--workout room available-
free shuttle service available in 3 mile area--Full service Holiday In 2 blocks away has good food in theirsports/bar restaurant

Room Tip: Ask for high floor room in back of hotel