“prostitutes rampant” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Oakland

You added Quality Inn Oakland to your Saves list
Quality Inn Oakland
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8471 Enterprise Way, Oakland, CA 94621 (Formerly Ramada Limited Oakland)   |
Ranked #20 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
pebble beach, ca
“prostitutes rampant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2006

we checked into room 219 (in the back of the motel) only to find
numerous prostitutes and apparent pimps in the parking lot and some of the first floor rooms. I felt it was a very very unsafe environment and we moved to another motel after only one half hour in the room.

what a disappointment! do yourself a favor and don't select this motel.

• Disliked — the prostitutes and the pimps in the parking lot and nearby rooms
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2006

My car sustained $900 body damage caused by motel personnel. They agreed to refund money for the room only. I live some distance and don't want to sue. They definitely did not do the right thing and took advantage of the situation. The manager was dishonest with me.

Stayed September 2005
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2005

I stayed here for a concert at the Oakland Arena. The location is very convenient, just off Hegenberger Rd. off 880. In terms of the arena, it's not even three minutes in the car from hotel to arena parking lot. I could have walked it if I wanted, but I didn't because it was raining.

The room was clean and consistent with its hotel class. There was no parking charge (fantastic considering this an "airport" hotel), and it's easy to park your car within viewshot of your hotel room. Front desk was helpful when I locked myself out of my room. There are two computers with internet access in the lobby. Breakfast was great. Waffles, eggs, cereal, toast, muffins, juices, etc. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here for my next concert.

• Stayed November 2005
san francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2005

We recently spent the night here before taking an early-morning flight. We stayed here because they offer a "Park and Fly" special, where you can leave your car there for up to 2 weeks, I believe, and take a shuttle to and from the hotel. This is a great deal for locals, since parking costs about $14-15/day in off-site lots.

If you've got a lot of luggage, I suggest asking for a room close to the lobby, since the shuttle bus departs from there. The room wasn't that large, but for a simple overnight, who cares? One nice perk that we wish we had known about in advance was the mini-fridge. It would have been nice to be able to store a bottle of wine or some beer and have it that night.

The breakfast was GREAT: made-to-order waffles, as well as scrambled eggs, several different kinds of cereal, various breads for toast, several kinds of juice, bagels, fresh fruit, etc. As good as the breakfast in an expensive B&B we stayed in recently!

The shuttle to airport was very easy and convenient. Don't know if it's always the case, but the shuttle that picked us was very fancy, like the kind used for weddings, complete with lights, mirrors, leather seats, sink, etc. -- quite a treat! The shuttle arrived promptly and stayed on schedule. Same with pick-up when we returned.

I would definitely stay here again next time I have an early morning flight out of Oakland and don't want to pay for a week or more of parking.

Oakland, Ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2005

Stayed on the sleep/park/fly package. Came back from my vacation to find my car broken into and a smashed window! Quality Inn offered to replace window, but at their convenience. Door was also damaged, didn't offer to fix. They also said they are not responsible for anything! What?!! It's their secure? parking area!

Stayed September 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2005

We were so impressed with this hotel!! we flew in late in the evening when lots of other flights came in and when the shuttle came it was full. us and another family were left. they were going to take a cab, but i called the hotel and they said we will be right there. well thier back up shettle was beign worked on so the manager came in HIS own car, he took us and our luggage and paid for a cab for the other family. He was so nice! All the staff was friendly and warm. then the breakfast bar was nice too. you get to make your own waffles.

Stayed May 2005
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2005

This hotel, formately a Ramada Limited, is now a Quality Inn. According to the brochures in the hotel, it was renovated in 2004 and I didn't see anything that suggested it wasn't. The room and common areas were all clean and generally new-looking. Breakfast, started at 4:00 a.m., which is convenient for those with an early flight. It was a bit disappointing, with just cereal, banana nut muffins, and toast. It looked like as I was getting ready to leave that more items were being brought out, which early guests missed out on. I did a sleep/park/fly package where the car was parked by the hotel during my trip; after I dropped the key off at the front desk my car was parked and a few minutes later the key brought to me in my room. Overall a very nice hotel, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Quality Inn Oakland? Share your experiences!