“A fine place to stay in Oakland” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Oakland

You added Quality Inn Oakland to your Saves list
Quality Inn Oakland
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8471 Enterprise Way, Oakland, CA 94621 (Formerly Ramada Limited Oakland)   |
Ranked #20 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
Milpitas
“A fine place to stay in Oakland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Single queen room was clean, if a bit small. Everything was clean and well maintained.

WiFi measured around 8 M/s - more than enough to watch Netflix if the old-school TV doesn't keep you entertained.

TV was crappy with only basic cable. The bed was firm without feeling like plywood - good quality and relatively new.

Room Tip: Breakfast ends at 9:00. If you go down at 8:45, it will be very crowded. Try to get there earlier if...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Hey, this is the place you arrive at when you have the midnight flight in and you are just too tired to drive home, you know? It is wonderful for that, shuttle shows up right at :18 and 48 past the hour like they say, the room is big enough, clean enough, the price is right and it is easy in, easy out. It is not the place to get a top notch breakfast, hello, the coffee is served in styrofoam cups here. The staff at midnight:thirty is a little worn out, can you blame them? If you think this would be a good home base for a San Francisco weekend trip, you are delusional. Get a grip on reality. It is a good, cheap and safe and clean, functional base to get in and out if Oakland airport. Period. I'll stay again when needed. I will not bring the wife here for a spa weekend.

• Stayed August 2013
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Arrived after a delayed flight into San Francisco in the middle of the night. Room was perfectly doable for an evening stay and to catch a flight out of Oakland the next day. Rooms were nice, and had a little more than expected. Beds were nice and fluffy, but room was a bit dirty. Would stay again for the good deal and proximity to Oakland International Airport.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room on level 2 or 3 because the doors to each room are on the outside of the hotel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed here one night before and after our week vacation. I didn't realize it was a motel, not a hotel, had I known that I probably would have stayed somewhere else...I just feel safer when the doors to the rooms are on the inside of the building. But other than that it was what I expected. Rooms were clean, bed was comfortable enough, good water pressure, and shuttle to the airport was right on time. Breakfast was just so so, but again typical, toast, sausage, coffee, waffles, muffins, orange juice. Upon our first check in the lady at the front desk was extremely rude. When we checked back in the second time it was the same woman, but she was much more friendly. The area is okay, but definitely not the best. But for the price, I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for third floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed just one night in Quality Oakland Inn. I booked the wrong dates but they helped me cancel the wrong dates and refunded my money back. The staff was very helpful and nice. The rooms were very clean and the mattress was so comfy, so was the bathroom. It was definitely worth the money. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Albuquerque, NM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Chose this hotel based on the Trip Advisor ratings vs. price. Decided not to stay in downtown San Francisco due to the price. I don't feel that I got the value that I paid for and will not be returning to this hotel. First of all I do want to say that the front desk staff was wonderful, it was the highlight of my stay at the hotel, unfortunately that was the only plus. The first night at the hotel; we noticed that the elevator was pretty violent in shutting and opening the doors. It never broke down on us so that was a good thing. Our toilet ran all night and the sink was clogged but the excellent customer service took care of this right away upon telling them about the issue. The ice machines were either out of service or leaking horribly. We didn't like the proximity sensors in the room as they actually left the lights on way longer than we would have ever left them on if they were on a switch and - sometimes we choose not to have the lights on but the lights chose to be on, on their own and stay on for way past when they were needed... I don't see this as an energy saving device at the hotel. As a side sleeper I would rate the bed 3.5/5; not awesome but didn't hurt the next day either. Renovations to the hotel behind this one are very loud. Between the sawing and the fire alarms going off, I am shocked that I got decent sleep; the rooms seem pretty sound proof unless you get close to the door or if someone is beating on the door next to you. Breakfast was my biggest complaint. First of all, no matter what day of the week breakfast shut down at 9am NO EXCEPTIONS. Well I like to sleep in when I am on vacation so I forced myself to get up to not enough food. The poor single cleaning lady couldn't keep up with the traffic so most of the time there just wasn't enough food for the people. The dining area was way too small to service the amount of guests. It left us standing or trying to find another surface to eat on. The hotel needs another waffle maker as that seemed to be the most popular item; most mornings there was a line of 6 cups of batter waiting to be put in the maker... at 2 min, 45 sec it made the wait not worth it. I stopped eating breakfast at the hotel even though I feel I already paid for the breakfast because each morning a homeless man would barge his way in the breakfast area and just take food. When I asked the front desk to do something about it they said the police don't come in time. Well hire security then because this made me feel so violated and offended that I no longer took part in the free breakfast. For my family's own security we ate elsewhere and paid to be secure about it. This didn't surprise me after we decided to drive around the neighborhood some. The hotel is right next to family social services, DMV and is in a horrible neighborhood. There is graffiti, trash, and homeless everywhere you look. If I would have taken the time to drive around the neighborhood before checking in, I would not have checked in. Needless to say I think the price we paid per night at this hotel was a little steep for what we got, but I understand the pricing in SF/East Bay so I guess we got what we paid for. I would strongly suggest that if you want value, look elsewhere; if you want safety, this is not the place. If you want to sleep in on your vacation or feel safe eating breakfast or getting a variety of warm breakfast items, this is not the place for you. If you are staying for the customer service, then this is the right hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The room was filth, it had bugs...the AC/Heater let out a pungent smell that made me sick to my stomach. There were hookers roaming around the hotel grounds, men standing outside their room doors smoking "something" and drinking alcohol drinks. The walls paper thin, this was a motel not a hotel for sure. We booked the from for three days but could only stomach one! We actually booked next door at la quenta wich was better but not a four star either. We initially booked at quality because we had to be in the area for business. Please don't stay here if you like clean hotels, bug and thug free this place is awful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn Oakland? Share your experiences!