“unacceptably noisy” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Oakland

You added Quality Inn Oakland to your Saves list
Quality Inn Oakland
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8471 Enterprise Way, Oakland, CA 94621 (Formerly Ramada Limited Oakland)   |
Ranked #20 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
San Francisco, California
“unacceptably noisy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This property has what you would expect from any Quality Inn: extremely clean rooms, good showerheads, comfortable beds with good pillows, and all the other typical amenities. However, the rooms are quite small, as usual, and the hotel is located far from the airport in a not-so-great area of Oakland. Furthermore, on both nights that I stayed there, I was awoken by very noisy employees. On the first night I was woken very early in the morning by someone noisily scrubbing the walkway just outside my door. The next night, I was woken very early in the morning by the landscapers mowing and edging the small patch of grass just outside my door. Why the hotel has asked these employees to complete this work when the guests are sleeping is beyond me. Have them do it in the afternoon and everyone will be happy! For this reason I would probably not return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
young101, Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest, I am extremely sorry about the noise issues. I will make sure that our cleaning staff is not cleaning area early in the morning. Please accept my apologies. I would love to have you come and visit us again soon. Warmest regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Kent, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This hotel was booked for the proximately to the baseball stadium so we could walk. Also walked to the BART station both about a mile away. When I first booked this hotel it said some rooms have a microwave & refrigerator so when we arrived late at night I asked for a room with both and it was given to us. Although the hotel itself appears to be a little dated it was extremely clean. The beds were comfortable. Housekeeping had left the cutest little folded design on the toilet paper.

Breakfast was the same all mornings we were there. The breakfast attendant was very attentive and kept filling up what ever was gone. 99% carbs as the only protein was hard boiled eggs and sausage.

I only have 2 complaints and one is that there was hardly any bathroom counter space. The other is that the curtains may have been too small. We had light shining in and around the curtains every night and couldn't block it out. Then again I was grateful that they had such great outdoor lighting. Also had a large gap under our door so the light shone under there also.

Like one of the previous reviews I too was looking forward to using the jacuzzi during our 3 day stay but the note on the fence said it was out of service.

Didn't use the airport shuttle but enjoyed the free parking.

If I come back to an A's game I will stay here again and maybe use the free airport shuttle.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
young101, General Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for taking the time to send us your feedback. We greatly appreciate your business and glad that your stay was enjoyable. Please visit us again soon. Warmest regards.
Oakland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

The hotel was actually pretty decent. The AC wasn't too loud, and the bad was comfortable. Breakfast wasn't bad. However My girlfriend and I were a bit annoyed that the Jacuzzi was out of order for our entire 3 day stay, we had planned on making use of it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

young101, General Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are working to resolve issues with hot tub, however, it may be a while before it is put back in service. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Warmest regards.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed in your hotel 03/07, first i would like to say the fact that you have airport service is a PLUS in my book. Especially since I landed around 11:00pm in the evening. Once i got to your hotel i was greeted by a very nice African American women. That gave me the ropes on traveling to San Francisco, she saved me money by explaining to me it would be so much cheaper to take your subway into San Francisco instead of renting a car for 2 days. She has so much information about the city, where to go and where not to go. I think we talked for about 30 mins, just on information for me. She even was nice enough to print out some information regarding tours in the city etc.(Again saving me money!!) Breakfast was wonderful, Housekeeping was nice, bed was comfortable and free internet was the best. Overall my stay was one of the best I have every time I travel to the bayarea....Thanks!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
young101, General Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for writing a detailed account of your stay with us! Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we are delighted that your stay was enjoyable! We will continue to work hard to earn your business. Our Front Desk associate is humbled by your compliments and glad that she was able to help make your trip to beautiful city of San Francisco more enjoyable! Please visit us soon. Warmest regards.
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Once again, from the airport shuttle, to the clean and comfortable room. I'm completely satisfied with the total experience at this hotel. I had a problem with WiFi a month ago, but found out its was fixed and now is available to all the rooms at a high signal strength.

• Stayed March 2013
young101, General Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Guest, Our team is extremely honored to have received a compliment from a seasoned traveler such as yourself. Thank you for staying with us. We will continue to strive to meet our guests expectations. Thanks again for your kind words and we look forward to welcome you again soon. Warmest regards.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

On a recent trip to see Muse in Oakland, event parking cost $35! With that in mind, our room "upgrade" and short walk to Oracle Arena became a no-brainer. And a sweeeeeet bargain.

This was our first stay at a Quality Inn. Since I found it based on positive reviews here, I felt it only right to share the good news since it more than met my expectations. In fact, I was shocked at the small touches that Quality Inn provided to make me feel a bit pampered. These included an elegant pillow arrangement and luxury folding of the towels, even letting me know that we could ask at the desk for items we may have forgotten to pack. Touches associated with high-priced accomodations!

We were amazed at how quiet it was being so close to Oracle and the Coliseum. After the show and our walk back to the room (it was a little more than a half mile but went fast), we probably would have slept well next to a train station, but tucked in tight we felt snug and cozy.

The interior space seemed ample, never cramped. Our mattress firm, not floppy. Everything felt "just right," allowing us to awaken refreshed and ready to start the new day.

Ample food choices exist nearby, including Jack in the Box, McDonalds, Taco Bell and Burger King, though we ended up dashing into AM/PM for a few refreshments on the way back to our room. All were within 1/4 mile of our location, some much closer.

Parking is easy with quick access in and out.

The staff is curteous and friendly.

The bottom line? This Quality Inn is a keeper!

Room Tip: Stay here and save on the hassle and high prices of parking for Oracle and the Coliseum. You won...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
young101, General Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Guest, Thanks a bunch from entire team at Quality Inn for your great compliments. We are honored that you choose to stay with us. It gives us immense pleasure when our guests enjoy their stay with us. We look forward to your next visit again soon. Warmest regards.
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed here for two nights. This property is rather a motel and I find it quite nice for the price in line with other reviews.

I took 73 (AC Transit) from BART (because it was night) and walked the other way to BART (day). Not that far and perfectly fine to walk. By bus, it is only two or three stops (and then I had to walk like five minutes). The part was well lit, so I thought it might have been okay to walk even at night. Of course, it is better safe than sorry, so it is upon your discretion if you want to walk.

I give it four starts because of the value. But it is basic, so do not expect any luxury.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
young101, General Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you very much indeed for taking time out of your schedule to share your feedback. Your kind words are greatly appreciated. We are glad that your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to your next visit. Warmest regards.

Been to Quality Inn Oakland? Share your experiences!