“BETTER hotel than the neighborhood it's in.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Oakland

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Oakland to your Saves list
Quality Inn Oakland
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8471 Enterprise Way, Oakland, CA 94621 (Formerly Ramada Limited Oakland)   |
Ranked #18 of 47 hotels in Oakland
Tallahassee
“BETTER hotel than the neighborhood it's in.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I chose this place based on AAA's listing ,( RE: PRICE), and Google's mapping of nearby locations of eateries. Upon arrival I disovered the the Clarion Hotel and it's neighboring Chinese restaurant were closed and up for sale, leaving a Denny's, McDonnald's, Burger King, Jack in the Box, Red Lion Hotel, In and Out Burger, Panda Express, Wing Stop, and the "sports bar" at the Holiday Inn as the local food choices. Eliminating the places I can get in TLH, leaves the Jack, In and Out, the Lion and the Holiday Inn. Having eating at the Jack in Sacremento ( and thinking it was OVER seasoned), I tried the Lion, (over priced), the In and Out ,( lose the sauce), and the Holiday Inn which had an affordable Happy Hour menu and decent beer.
ANYWAY, back to the hotel,it is REALLY convient to the Oakland Airport ( but I don't fly), and I-880 . The rooms are compact but not Microtellish. It is clean and well maintained. (You may considered the furnature dated but I didn't). The staff is friendly and the breakfast is more than adequate for me. ( Though I PREFER the USA Today over the Wall Street Journal , since I don't love NYC). All in all I have spent more money elsewhere and have recieved less.

Room Tip: Pick the top floor to avoid unnessicary noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
young101, General Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for taking the time out of your schedule to write your views. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We appreciate the fact you choose to stay with us and truly honored. The guests like you keep our lights on. We would love to see you again soon. Warmest regards.

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
allentown,pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We landed at Oakland late and decided to stay at a value, airport hotel. We usually stay at upscale hotels and were a little nervous. Chose this one based on reviews and glad we did. With our two kids, two beds perfect, and very comfortable. Quiet and clean. Microwave, mini fridge, and free hot and cold breakfast. Make your own waffles were yummy! All for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
young101, General Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Guest, Our team at Quality Inn is humbled with you kind words and glad that your stay was enjoyable and we were able to meet your expectations. We are immensely encouraged when our guests take time to provide feedback. Thank you so much for being our guest and it was indeed an honor. We would love to welcome you back again soon. Warm regards.
Anaheim, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I left my "make up bag" at home, that is what my wife called it, i call it shaveing kit for men, the lady at the front desk over heard me and supplied me with everything i needed, comb, tooth brush and so on, her name is DENIECE, great person to have at the front desk, nice and friendly, first impression is what most people see, great job! and thank you.

Frank

Room Tip: The people that work here are great, anything you need i think they would bend over backwards.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Deniece, Front Desk associate is a very positive person and always willing to go extra mile to make our guests feel at home. I am glad that your Makeup Kit was made available! Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to welcome you again and again. Best regards.
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

What a great place to stay, especially when you are rushed or need special accommodations...a nice room, a comfy bed, all the plus details one wants when one is tired from the road. We arrived late and needed a place where we could get easy access to the internet connection. No problem. We rose early the next day and needed the breakfast room to be open early. No problem. Checkout ease was great. We'll go back!

Room Tip: Just miention your needs to the desk, and they will go out of their way to accommodate you!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
young101, General Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear Guest, The entire team at Quality Inn is extremely delighted to receive your feedback and glad to know that we were able to meet your expectations. Your comments are so motivating and encouraging. Thank you very much indeed and we look forward to welcome you soon. Warmest regards.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The hotel was just fine-nothing fancy but that's not what we wanted.
We wanted a place which was within walking distance of the Oracle Arena-This place is perfect for that.
I am a fast walker, my teenager daughter is a slower walker-it was just about a 10 easy minute walk.

We got a 2 queen bed room, it was very spacious and clean. We felt very comfortable sleeping there. My daughter needed some safety pins and the front desk gave us 2 sewing kits which each had a safety pin inside-yay!

Warning--There is nothing near by to eat! (I don't count Jack in the Box, McDonald's or Arco)
No sit down restaurants which we could find. There was a "Charlie Chan's" Chinese food place around the corner, but we're from Seattle and a bit of a snob when it comes to Chinese food so we passed on that.
It is very industrial around the hotel with many labor union halls and a few other similar hotels.

If I were to return to an event or a friend asked-I would stay or refer for sure.

Room Tip: We had room 236-it faced to the hot afternoon/evening sun but we were cool and comfortable. Stairs...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
young101, General Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you very much indeed for your business and your decision to stay with us. Our entire team is delighted and thankful for taking the time to share your experience. A word of encouragements means a lot to us so we can continue to improve our services to meet our guests’ expectations. Please visit us soon. Thanks again. Warm regards.
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

This property is an older QI with nice grounds (for example a few hibiscus were in bloom), plenty of parking, secured with barbed wire. The pool is small, but clean. Hot tub was out of order according to a printed page taped to the gate some days ago.
House keeping was very friendly, towels decoratively folded. Shower with water saving feature, very clean (although not brandnew). Windows can be opened to fresh air. Bed clean and comfortable, workdesk OK (chair somewhat aged but functional), PC power outlet in lampbase. Room was towards the back, the Comfort Inn is adjacent, although no connection due to high wall between the properties. Street noise from interstate was audible. GPS found the address without flaws, but guided through sketchy neighborhoods on the way there. Never felt unsafe (was daylight). Yes, would probably come back here if a stay near the OAK airport was needed. Their shuttle runs from 4:00am until 12:30am every half hour. Breakfast: peeled hardboiled eggs, hot sausages, waffles, yoghurt, cereals, bananas, prepacked muffins.

Room Tip: rooms towards the front are quieter (unless neighbar has AC blasting)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
young101, Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your encouraging words. Our entire staff is dedicated to provide service par-excellence. Your words mean a lot to us. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit. Warm regards.
california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

After checking out of the Clarion Inn Downtown because my car had been vandalized in their parking lot, I checked in here.

This time my room had a mini-fridge, so I felt like it was a step up. The internet in the hotel only works in the front half of the hotel, so I had to switch rooms in order to have internet.

The "business center" charges for using the computer and the printer - boarding passes are free. I needed to print out a BART parking permit, paid $3 for use of the business center and still couldn't get the permit printed. Fortunately, the desk clerk took pity on me and printed it for me at no additional charge.

The breakfast is the usual for this chain - pretty dismal, but there are several fast food chains in the area as an option.

The hot tub was out of order and the pool was unheated.

There was quite a bit of traffic noise and truckers like to park on the street. If you want to use internet, you have to be on the noisy/street side or you can opt for no internet and be in the back of the hotel which is nice and quiet.

Ice machines on every other level, so it is a bit of a walk to get ice.

Parking is free, which was nice after paying to park in the lot where my car was vandalized. I drove to the San Leandro BART station, paid $4 for the BART parking permit (I could have risked it and only paid $1 for the parking) and used BART as my launching pad to get to my work. The San Leandro BART station is about a ten minute drive from the hotel.

My room was clean and the shower worked fine.

This is in an industrial area, so you get to avoid the homeless and criminal element you see in the downtown area.

Room Tip: choose a room in the front of the hotel if you want internet service rooms in the rear are quieter...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest, It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We look forward to welcome you soon again. Best regards.

Been to Quality Inn Oakland? Share your experiences!