“You Wish Is Our Command” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Oakland

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Oakland to your Saves list
Quality Inn Oakland
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8471 Enterprise Way, Oakland, CA 94621 (Formerly Ramada Limited Oakland)   |
Ranked #15 of 47 hotels in Oakland
Bellingham, Washington
“You Wish Is Our Command”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

What a great place to stay, especially when you are rushed or need special accommodations...a nice room, a comfy bed, all the plus details one wants when one is tired from the road. We arrived late and needed a place where we could get easy access to the internet connection. No problem. We rose early the next day and needed the breakfast room to be open early. No problem. Checkout ease was great. We'll go back!

Room Tip: Just miention your needs to the desk, and they will go out of their way to accommodate you!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
young101, General Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear Guest, The entire team at Quality Inn is extremely delighted to receive your feedback and glad to know that we were able to meet your expectations. Your comments are so motivating and encouraging. Thank you very much indeed and we look forward to welcome you soon. Warmest regards.

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The hotel was just fine-nothing fancy but that's not what we wanted.
We wanted a place which was within walking distance of the Oracle Arena-This place is perfect for that.
I am a fast walker, my teenager daughter is a slower walker-it was just about a 10 easy minute walk.

We got a 2 queen bed room, it was very spacious and clean. We felt very comfortable sleeping there. My daughter needed some safety pins and the front desk gave us 2 sewing kits which each had a safety pin inside-yay!

Warning--There is nothing near by to eat! (I don't count Jack in the Box, McDonald's or Arco)
No sit down restaurants which we could find. There was a "Charlie Chan's" Chinese food place around the corner, but we're from Seattle and a bit of a snob when it comes to Chinese food so we passed on that.
It is very industrial around the hotel with many labor union halls and a few other similar hotels.

If I were to return to an event or a friend asked-I would stay or refer for sure.

Room Tip: We had room 236-it faced to the hot afternoon/evening sun but we were cool and comfortable. Stairs...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
young101, General Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you very much indeed for your business and your decision to stay with us. Our entire team is delighted and thankful for taking the time to share your experience. A word of encouragements means a lot to us so we can continue to improve our services to meet our guests’ expectations. Please visit us soon. Thanks again. Warm regards.
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

This property is an older QI with nice grounds (for example a few hibiscus were in bloom), plenty of parking, secured with barbed wire. The pool is small, but clean. Hot tub was out of order according to a printed page taped to the gate some days ago.
House keeping was very friendly, towels decoratively folded. Shower with water saving feature, very clean (although not brandnew). Windows can be opened to fresh air. Bed clean and comfortable, workdesk OK (chair somewhat aged but functional), PC power outlet in lampbase. Room was towards the back, the Comfort Inn is adjacent, although no connection due to high wall between the properties. Street noise from interstate was audible. GPS found the address without flaws, but guided through sketchy neighborhoods on the way there. Never felt unsafe (was daylight). Yes, would probably come back here if a stay near the OAK airport was needed. Their shuttle runs from 4:00am until 12:30am every half hour. Breakfast: peeled hardboiled eggs, hot sausages, waffles, yoghurt, cereals, bananas, prepacked muffins.

Room Tip: rooms towards the front are quieter (unless neighbar has AC blasting)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
young101, Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your encouraging words. Our entire staff is dedicated to provide service par-excellence. Your words mean a lot to us. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit. Warm regards.
california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

After checking out of the Clarion Inn Downtown because my car had been vandalized in their parking lot, I checked in here.

This time my room had a mini-fridge, so I felt like it was a step up. The internet in the hotel only works in the front half of the hotel, so I had to switch rooms in order to have internet.

The "business center" charges for using the computer and the printer - boarding passes are free. I needed to print out a BART parking permit, paid $3 for use of the business center and still couldn't get the permit printed. Fortunately, the desk clerk took pity on me and printed it for me at no additional charge.

The breakfast is the usual for this chain - pretty dismal, but there are several fast food chains in the area as an option.

The hot tub was out of order and the pool was unheated.

There was quite a bit of traffic noise and truckers like to park on the street. If you want to use internet, you have to be on the noisy/street side or you can opt for no internet and be in the back of the hotel which is nice and quiet.

Ice machines on every other level, so it is a bit of a walk to get ice.

Parking is free, which was nice after paying to park in the lot where my car was vandalized. I drove to the San Leandro BART station, paid $4 for the BART parking permit (I could have risked it and only paid $1 for the parking) and used BART as my launching pad to get to my work. The San Leandro BART station is about a ten minute drive from the hotel.

My room was clean and the shower worked fine.

This is in an industrial area, so you get to avoid the homeless and criminal element you see in the downtown area.

Room Tip: choose a room in the front of the hotel if you want internet service rooms in the rear are quieter...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest, It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We look forward to welcome you soon again. Best regards.
Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Our first room smelled really bad so we moved to another room. The rooms are small and stagnant. The area is scary. My husband walked to the store and was repeatedly asked for food/money. It was the last day of our vacation and I spent the night tossing and turning and regretting my decision to stay there. The hotel staff are really nice and friendly but that's about it. Even the computer in the lobby costs money. Never again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, I am very sorry for your experience at the store. I am afraid that I do not have any control over security arrangements at the neighborhood store. However, to keep the rooms fresh we use air fresheners that may have been too heavy. I will ensure that spray is controlled. I hope you will continue to stay with us. Again, I am very sorry for your inconvenience. Thank you for being our guest. Best regards.
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed as the hotel was close to the Oakland A's Stadium......It's a 10/15 minute walk each way. Hotel has a shuttle service to the airport too which is handy. You could use it to get to Air BART then BART too and then the whole Bay Area opens up to you. Immediate are of the hotel is industrial with not many facilities close by but a gas station a couple of burger joints and the famous 24 hour Breakfast chain are all in a short walk.

Rooms a well sized and very clean. Bed are comfy and linen good.

Hot Breakfast could do with one more hot item but apart from that it was OK to get you started.

Pool is nice but not heated.

Would stay again for sure. For the price and the friendliness of the staff it was awesome. Place was quiet for the location too.

Room Tip: Ground floor you can back up almost to the door.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
young101, Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write. Your compliments are greatly appreciated by our entire team. We would love to see you again and again to so that you can support your favorite team and since we are so close to sports arena Quality Inn Oakland airport is your home away from home. Thank you very much for being our guest. Best regards....
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here recently prior to an early morning flight out of OAK. Rooms were well priced ( we had 3 couples/rooms). We were able to check into our rooms early, allowing us to explore San Francisco for the day and not worry about luggage, etc. Rooms were nice, clean and all we needed. Front Desk and shuttle services (4am to late night to the airport) were all very nice. That said, we did encounter an issue upon check out. It was corrected...but...a tad annoying. At check out (at 4:30AM), I paid for 2 rooms. Another room came down and asked why I paid for their room. We went back inside, the clerk, after digging further, she looked at a piece of paper on her computer that we were classified as no shows as the clerk the day before gave us rooms, ran my credit card but never officially checked us in. If this one had just looked down when I was there 5 minutes earlier...Again, not the end of the world. Just watch the invoice!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank your very very much for your candid review. I am very sorry about the billing issue. I apologize for mistake on our part. I am very glad that your team enjoyed the stay. Please visit us again soon. Best regards.

Been to Quality Inn Oakland? Share your experiences!