“Great hotel for the money.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Oakland

You added Quality Inn Oakland to your Saves list
Quality Inn Oakland
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8471 Enterprise Way, Oakland, CA 94621 (Formerly Ramada Limited Oakland)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
Ash Fork
“Great hotel for the money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I needed a hotel for one night that had free shuttle service from the Oakland Airport. I wasn't expecting much since the room was only $75 for the night. WOW! I was presently surprised . Great staff, comfortable beds, and clean modern rooms.

• Stayed April 2012
young101, Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for staying with us. We at Quality Inn greatly appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts. It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcome you soon. Best regards from our team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Northern California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Room prices in the Oakland Airport area have gone up over the past year, so we thought we'd try the "recently renovated" Quality Inn on the East side of the 880 freeway. The reviews were pretty good, but personal experience wasn't so great. We had a majorly loud argument over money between men outside our door in the middle of the night which we feared would result in gunshots--but fortunately didn't. The room was pretty clean, but worn looking, and the television was old and had a very poor picture. The breakfast buffet was just OK. We left our car there for 5 days, and worried about it the whole time we were gone. We're used to a better, more secure situation, and won't be back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, We appreciate your time in sharing your thoughts. Based on your feedback are constantly working to improve our performance. We at Quality Inn, pride ourselves in providing a safe, clean and affordable accommodation to our entire guests. It is unfortunate that someone was arguing in front of your room, but occurrences of such nature are not a common phenomenon at our hotel. We always ensure guest is safe and comfortable at all times. We look forward to your next visit and thank you for patronage.
Merced, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

The room was quite clean unlike my last stay in Oakland. My only issue was a difficulty in finding adequate parking near my room. I really disliked their parking situation.

The furnishings in the room had a little wear and tear and the bathtub was plastic but I would stay here again when visiting.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Ukiah, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I have stayed at the Quality Inn in Oakland 3 times and all three times had a horrible night's sleep. The maids are up throughout the night cleaning (i'm guessing) loudly! At one point I was awoken to the sound of them watering the dirt. This last time we stayed we were close to the elevator which the staff use to move the laundry from floor to floor and about every 10 minutes or so I would wake up to a loud bang sound. The elevator doors, I think. This started roughly around FOUR IN THE MORNING. I will never stay there again. When I let the front desk lady know that it's happened all three times I've been there she just asked if I had complained about it the other two times I stayed... and that was it. I'm surprised there are not more people on here complaining about the noise. If you sleep heavy, then maybe you'll be ok staying here, otherwise, i wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Second floor and higher you may have a better chance of it being quieter. On the ground you will be...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Point Reyes Station, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Clean, comfortable, close to the airport, safe and shockingly quiet.
I judge how clean a hotel room is by how it look when you take a bath. Many rooms look good, until you look from down low. My room (#112) was clean. Not just clean, take a bath clean.
Sheets were comfortable and the room was quiet.
Was it fancy? Heck no. Still the room had everything I could want and a little more. Great (free) WiFi, coffee maker, microwave, even room service. Where do you get all that for this price?
Plus, the check in staff (Laura) was friendly and helpful.
I'll be staying here for all my future trips.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I go to the bay area for business and pleasure frequently. Lately I've been staying here. It is very close to the highway (but go don't get the noise) rooms are clean, they are pet friendly (for a fee) and staff have always been courteous, every time I have requested an early check-in they have been able to accomodate.

There is little to do around, and overall the area is not the best, but for a low price hotel, it is a convenient place to spend the night.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I didn't know what to expect when booking this hotel other than the reviews I found on trip advisor. I was a little worried because of the price... we only paid $59 a night. Wow, was I impressed! The motel is is an industrial part of town... which I knew from the reviews, but what I was not expecting was the high level of quality we received. The housekeeping staff obviously takes pride in their job.The room was spotless, smelled nice and they even go the extra mile in folding your towels each day in a cute little design. Talk about a job well done! The beds were comfortable and you get a fridge and micro in the room. The breakfast was an added bonus and very helpful traveling with children. The staff was accomodating and friendly. Special thanks to Laura who checked us in. She was dealing with a very rude guest at the time we checked in,(I had never seen anyone behave like this man in all my travels) and she did so while keeping her cool and maintaining a high level of class. The one drawback to this location is the parking, they offer a fly and park package so there are cars in the lot that belong to people that can be gone for up to 14 days. Handy for them, because parking is difficult there but it does make parking scarce for others. We didn't have trouble because we got there fairly early each night, but keep that in mind. There is no indoor pool in this hotel (are you listening rude man?) so be aware of that also. To sum up.... not a 5-star hotel but a nice, clean, comfortable , quality place to stay for a unbeilvable low price.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
young101, Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Thank you very much for being our guest. Laura is delighted and appreciates your compliments. We look forward to your next visit. Best regards from all of us at Quality Inn, Oakland Airport.

Been to Quality Inn Oakland? Share your experiences!