“Clean, comfortable and very reasonable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Oakland

You added Quality Inn Oakland to your Saves list
Quality Inn Oakland
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8471 Enterprise Way, Oakland, CA 94621 (Formerly Ramada Limited Oakland)   |
Ranked #20 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
“Clean, comfortable and very reasonable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011 via mobile

Stayed for Chicago vs Raider game and truly enjoyed my stay. Staff was extremely helpful and location was convenient to the stadium, Me and the wife wasted no breath walking there. This was one of the best places I've stayed for the price that I paid.

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Farmington, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Family of four with a dog stayed here for two nights in Nov 2011. The room was clean and smelled fresh. Sheets, towels etc were all fresh and clean. The hotel has a policy of not checking in until 3 PM, and they stick by it. We arrived early and found a sign on the front door informing us of that fact with no exceptions. The staff was friendly and helpful, if not a little stern, you could tell that people whine/ask about this to them all the time. After my wife asked them ANYWAY,the clerk behind the desk did offer to write down my cell # "in case a room opened up", but I knew this was to placate us and they would not call, but it was OK, I would not expect them to bend the rules just for us anyway and was glad to see that they wouldnt. It meant to me that they would abide by the other rules as well. We just went exploring the area with all our luggage in the car. The area is not the most pedestrian friendly, but we had no issues. There are restaurants in the area and gas stations close by, as well as a WalMart and easy access to the freeway, Coliseum, etc.

There was also a sign on the door to the lobby saying that they will not tolerate any guest being disruptive on the premisis or you will be checked out and escorted off the property by the police. Oh, and RAIDER fans arent allowed to BBQ in the parking lot either... so I guess the management has heard the complaints of past and have tried to take action.

They have a good continental bfast in the morning with coffee, juice, muffins, bagels, two kinds of cold cereal, toast, waffels, sausage, and some small pastries with the filling in the middle.

We had no issues with any guests being loud, the ice machine worked great, the staff was friendly, the room and beds were clean and comfortable, everything worked good. We placed the "Do not disturb sign" on the door and put our dog in the bathroom with food/water and his blankets while we went to the game, so we did not get a cleaning service of the room. And we did not get a chance to try the pool or hot tub, but it looked well maintained and clean. The parking lot can be become croweded at night, so get your spot early.

The room had a microwave, mini fridge, ironing board, iron, TV, ice bucket, cups, laundry bags, desk and 2 chairs, hair dryer.

The Bottom line: I would stay here again, and would recommend this hotel to friends and family. I had a GREAT experience with this hotel and staff during my stay.
Price? We paid $89 a night, via expedia.

Room Tip: Our room was on the bottom floor facing south by the pool. No road noise, close to the lobby for bfa...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Loved the people at the front desk they were very helpful.I would recommend this Quality Inn to all my friends.

Thanks

Room Tip: Ask for the manager she was very helpful!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I picked this hotel because it was located next to the coliseum and me and my family was going to be watching the game the next day. I thought the staff was professtional and friendly.The breakfast was perfect and the beds were so very comfortable.The Hotel was clean and very quiet I was pleasantly surpised and look forward to visiting them in the future.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Indianapolis, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

This was an absolute nightmare. We booked our room from 8/11/11 - 8/18/11. My fiancee and I just moved out to San Francisco so I could attend SFSU this year and Hastings Law Fall '12; we stayed here because we were considering the Oakland Hills at first to live in. My parents were paying for this initially with their credit card until I got a new one in the mail, we have same last name. When checking in, I wasn't even asked for an ID to prove I was who I said I was, all they cared about was scanning that credit card. I booked using my fathers card with his name, but my name as guest reservation. We call on 8/17/11 to the front desk to ask if we can extend the room until Monday, 8/22/11 because we had yet to find a place to live. They say that "the name doesn't match on the card, we would need an authorization." (Remember, they never even asked for any ID at all when checking in, and sad not a word about any of this until this point).

My mother had to leave work early and find a FedEx Kinkos, wait for them to fax the form over, drive it to their house, have my dad sign it and copy his id, then drive back to FedEx Kinkos to fax it back. As soon as they get the form, my fiancee is told "We are not an extended stay hotel, the maximum stay is 5 days (yet I booked for 7 originally??), you will have to check out Saturday 8/20/11. This is an absolute lie, I've never even heard of such a ridiculous thing as a "maximum stay" at a hotel of 5 days. I called Quality Inn San Jose, Quality Inn San Francisco Airport, and Quality Inn Berkeley and none said they had any such policy. I then called the Quality Inn corporate HQ and they also said no such policy they are aware of.

Things to know: we are very quiet, we did not cause a single problem while there. We did not smoke, drink, or have a single person over. We stayed in our room unless we were out house shopping. Why they treated us so badly I have no idea, they were very rude to us. And to wait until after my parents jumped through hoops to fax the authorization, then only AFTER they received it they tell us about this supposed "maximum stay". This area is a terrible area of town also; walking home one night we had a guy pull up in a car saying to be careful, how people don't even realize what neighborhood they are walking into, and how his shop was shot up earlier that day. I would not recommend this place to ANYONE. Find a different place to stay. They are liars and did absolutely nothing to make up for their inadequacies.

Room Tip: Do not get a room here.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

The front desk seemed rather bored to help me, but I got into my room and then discovered I'd need to stay another night, so I went back to the front desk. While dealing with this change, I notice what seems to be a Mexican sports team (boxers? UFC? I dunno) checking in, and checking it with what seemed to be a LOT of beer, cooler after cooler. I ask the clerk "Umm, we're not going to have a problem, are we?" and I'm reassured no. So, we go out to eat. Returning about 10pm, we find hotel security with a super drunk person from this group out front. Nice. Then we walk in, and the entire lobby smells like a brewery, and there's a LOT of noise and singing coming from the lounge area. (Which is also the breakfast area in the morning) Apparently they didn't do a great job of keeping these folks in line.

Other problems? Staff smoking RIGHT by the lobby doors. I'm an ex smoker, and hey, if you want to smoke, fine, but management... keep your staff AWAY from the front when they're smoking. Then the safety of the parking lot. They need a guard in the lot, which tells me that the lot ain't all that safe.

All in all, I would not only NOT stay here again, I would not recommend that you do either.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
los angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I enjoyed my stay here, the rooms were nice and clean and the breakfast was well stocked with a good assortment. It is also right next to the Coliseum which is perfect for when I want to go to an A's game.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn Oakland? Share your experiences!