Family of four with a dog stayed here for two nights in Nov 2011. The room was clean and smelled fresh. Sheets, towels etc were all fresh and clean. The hotel has a policy of not checking in until 3 PM, and they stick by it. We arrived early and found a sign on the front door informing us of that fact with no exceptions. The staff was friendly and helpful, if not a little stern, you could tell that people whine/ask about this to them all the time. After my wife asked them ANYWAY,the clerk behind the desk did offer to write down my cell # "in case a room opened up", but I knew this was to placate us and they would not call, but it was OK, I would not expect them to bend the rules just for us anyway and was glad to see that they wouldnt. It meant to me that they would abide by the other rules as well. We just went exploring the area with all our luggage in the car. The area is not the most pedestrian friendly, but we had no issues. There are restaurants in the area and gas stations close by, as well as a WalMart and easy access to the freeway, Coliseum, etc.
There was also a sign on the door to the lobby saying that they will not tolerate any guest being disruptive on the premisis or you will be checked out and escorted off the property by the police. Oh, and RAIDER fans arent allowed to BBQ in the parking lot either... so I guess the management has heard the complaints of past and have tried to take action.
They have a good continental bfast in the morning with coffee, juice, muffins, bagels, two kinds of cold cereal, toast, waffels, sausage, and some small pastries with the filling in the middle.
We had no issues with any guests being loud, the ice machine worked great, the staff was friendly, the room and beds were clean and comfortable, everything worked good. We placed the "Do not disturb sign" on the door and put our dog in the bathroom with food/water and his blankets while we went to the game, so we did not get a cleaning service of the room. And we did not get a chance to try the pool or hot tub, but it looked well maintained and clean. The parking lot can be become croweded at night, so get your spot early.
The room had a microwave, mini fridge, ironing board, iron, TV, ice bucket, cups, laundry bags, desk and 2 chairs, hair dryer.
The Bottom line: I would stay here again, and would recommend this hotel to friends and family. I had a GREAT experience with this hotel and staff during my stay.
Price? We paid $89 a night, via expedia.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Oakland Hotel Oakland
- Quality Inn Oakland Hotel
- Oakland Quality Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quality Inn - Oakland is a boutique hotel that delivers unique service, first-class amenities, stylish and well-appointed rooms/suites, free breakfast and internet and a central Bay Area location near Oakland Airport, Network Coliseum and. Beautiful city of San Francisco just 17 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Olotels, Otel, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Quality Inn Oakland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.