'Not a big fan of staying corporate' yeah yeah yeah- this was really a terrific place from soup to nuts.
We had been checked in to a 'luxury boutique hotel' down the block. That lasted 45 minutes! We walked across the street to the Marriott, and this on a Friday evening. The sincerity of the check in staff, and their empathetic bemusement at our experience, was heartwarming. We were given a 20th floor room, with an amazing Bay view, and offered an incredibly low rate, almost half that of the 'boutique hotel'. They even threw in a free drink at the bar for us. The room was clean, bright, the bed was second to none, and had all the conveniences and amenities you want and expect at a nice hotel. The staff was courteous wherever we went, from the bar to the lobby. There is a false sincerity that pervades many corporate venues- this was not the case at the Marriott.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Oakland City Hotel
- Marriott Oakland City Hotel Oakland
- Marriott Oakland
- Oakland Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oakland Marriott City Center offers commanding views of Lake Merritt, Berkeley Marina, the bay and skyline of San Francisco, and both the Golden Gate and Bay Bridges. Centrally located the hotel is convenient to all Bay Area attractions including Napa and Sonoma Wine Country, the East Bay and Berkeley. Downtown San Francisco is just 12 minutes via the local subway system (BART). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Oakland City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.