I stayed there for two nights for a conference. Even though it was a business trip, I truly enjoy the time that I had there.
The best thing for the hotel is that is it right by the BART station. I was able to get off the airplane at Oakland airport, take the BART Air (the shuttle that takes me straight to the BART station) to BART. It took me about half an hour to get there.
The front desk staff were friendly, although they were having hard time assigning me a room on time, due to the number of conference attendees. I was given a room on 14th floor with a queen size bed. The bed was very comfortable, just like I would expect it at any Marriott. The view was great and the housekeeper was doing an excellent job keeping up with the room.
During the conference, I had a couple hours of free time and wanted to explore the city a bit. The concierge there was wonderful. He knew every little place that I could get to by BART and the street car. I was able to enjoy a wonderful evening with great sea food dinner.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Oakland City Hotel
- Marriott Oakland City Hotel Oakland
- Marriott Oakland
- Oakland Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oakland Marriott City Center offers commanding views of Lake Merritt, Berkeley Marina, the bay and skyline of San Francisco, and both the Golden Gate and Bay Bridges. Centrally located the hotel is convenient to all Bay Area attractions including Napa and Sonoma Wine Country, the East Bay and Berkeley. Downtown San Francisco is just 12 minutes via the local subway system (BART). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Oakland City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.