The rooms are very spacious and the beds comfortable.
All staff I encountered were very helpful with directions etc.
There is a handy shuttle bus which goes past for free rides to and from Jack London. The seafood restaurants down there are excellent.
The BART is a 2 minute walk.
As an older female travelling alone I would probably choose not to stay at this hotel again as I did not feel safe walking outside after dark. If travelling with another I am sure it would be fine.
Take care if breakfast is included in your room rate as they charged me for breakfast on one of the mornings. It seems you have to tell them on entry, on ordering and when the bill is presented to not be charged. This error was quickly resolved by reception.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Oakland City Hotel Oakland
- Marriott Oakland City Hotel
- Marriott Oakland
- Oakland Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oakland Marriott City Center offers commanding views of Lake Merritt, Berkeley Marina, the bay and skyline of San Francisco, and both the Golden Gate and Bay Bridges. Centrally located the hotel is convenient to all Bay Area attractions including Napa and Sonoma Wine Country, the East Bay and Berkeley. Downtown San Francisco is just 12 minutes via the local subway system (BART). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Marriott Oakland City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.