This hotel has a lot going for it: a good location, rooms with bay views, a friendly staff, a decent bar. However our recent stay was a nightmare, thanks to an unacceptable elevator system. It was not unusual to wait at least ten minutes, only to have the elevator be full when the door opened. People began using the service elevator or stairs, but carrying luggage down from the 5th floor is not our idea of a fun time. If this had happened once or twice, I would have no issue, but this was the rule rather than the exception. Until this problem has been resolved, this is a hotel to avoid.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Oakland City Hotel Oakland
- Marriott Oakland City Hotel
- Marriott Oakland
- Oakland Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oakland Marriott City Center offers commanding views of Lake Merritt, Berkeley Marina, the bay and skyline of San Francisco, and both the Golden Gate and Bay Bridges. Centrally located the hotel is convenient to all Bay Area attractions including Napa and Sonoma Wine Country, the East Bay and Berkeley. Downtown San Francisco is just 12 minutes via the local subway system (BART). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Oakland City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.