We loved the Waterfront Hotel. The staff went out of their way to help us with hypoallergenic bedding immediately upon check-in, even though it was late. When we called down to ask where we could go to buy a bottle of wine, they sent up 2 instead (!!). The room was nicely decorated in a nautical theme, and we even had a fireplace, which was cozy.
The room service hours could be better for late night snacks (it stops at 9pm), but the prices are very reasonable. We had the two-egg breakfast that comes with potatoes and bacon for $9 two mornings because it was so cheap! It was also delicious.
Minus one star for the valet & the area. It is mandatory and there isn't any other available overnight parking in the Jack London area. For $25, you shouldn't also have to wait 15 minutes for your car. The area lacks entertainment options. It's still up and coming, and given that you're staying on the waterfront away from the main drags, it felt a little isolated. And that Amtrak TRAIN! Veryyy loud. You have been warned--bring your earplugs!
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel
- Waterfront Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel Oakland
- Waterfront Hotel Oakland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best spot in Oakland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Waterfront Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.