We stayed here for one night to go to a friend's wedding at Rock Wall Winery. We like to travel with our dogs, so that was why we picked the hotel, but we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The staff was amazingly friendly and the location was quite nice. There is a big lawn right outside the lobby which is very nice for the dogs, but be prepared to run into some homeless personalities out there, nothing scary just different and know that you'll find this almost every where in Oakland. I read some reviews that said that the train noise kept people up at night, but we had no issues with it at all. The room actually had a sort of double sliding glass door set up that pretty effectively blocked the sound. I only noticed the train whistle once. That being said, I did however hear the neighbor's bed creaking away for 20 minutes as we were falling asleep and noise from the hallway was noticeable, but not terrible. The bathroom could do for some updating, the shower stalls are pretty dark, but the rest of the room was wonderful. Everything was clean. The valet was super fast when we asked for our car.
- Dog Friendly
- Great staff (from the valet to the house keepers to the clerks at the front desk, every single person was friendly... it was pretty awesome. A+++++ in this department)
- Short walk to Jack London Square, lots to do and see within walking distance
- Bit of noise (not from outside, but rather hallways and neighboring rooms)
- Not the greatest bathroom, but they were clean, the water was hot, and the water pressure in the shower was pretty good.
- General Oakland-ness. I wouldn't take the dogs out to go potty at night alone because of the people hanging around, but other than asking for some change they didn't really bother us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrating the spirit of Jack London Square, the Waterfront Hotel blends the unique atmosphere of the Oakland waterfront with a vibrant, nautical decor. Comfortable, modern, and stylish, our 145 rooms and suites are ideally located for exploring, and many of them offer balconies, fireplaces, and views of the San Francisco Bay. Amenities include complimentary weekday shuttle service to downtown Oakland, weekday wine and cheese social, and valet parking. Don't forget to take a dip (or dive!) into our outdoor heated pool! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Waterfront Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel Oakland
- Waterfront Hotel Oakland