The Waterfront Hotel in Oakland is at a perfect location. The bayside rooms have wonderful views from the balconies - ships in and out, fog creeping on SF, and the colorful flotsam and jetsam of people of Oakland and the ferry traffic. The rooms are nice and clean, although everything is a little worn around the edges. The lobby is very pleasant and comfortable and the pool, heat and salted, is enclosed by glass to preserve the view. All wonderful! A couple of warnings. The tiles around the pool are quite slick - beyond anything I have seen and we watched several people fall - old and young. Secondly, we saw several incidents of non-guests wandering into the lobby and pool area, availing themselves of the coffee and tea. Not a real big deal, but could end up being a problem if you leave bags around. We love this hotel and have stayed there multiple times and will go back. PS, the breakfast at the restaurant was not good. Go elsewhere for that.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel Oakland
- Waterfront Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel
- Waterfront Hotel Oakland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best spot in Oakland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Loews Hotels, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Waterfront Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.