You added Waterfront Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel to your Saves list
Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
New Jersey
“Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here for 4 days, and they were absolutely terrific. The room overlooked the bay which was beautiful to view in the evening. Got the ferry to San Francisco right outside the hotel which was so great. We were greeted by a wonderful young man who took care of our bags and car, and was so pleasant and helpful. The area around the hotel was nice but walking into town frankly was a little unsettling for us, although no issues, just did not feel comfortable. Would not walk downtown in the evening. But that is not the hotel so back to that. We had a lovely deck and were in a corner room. Bed was comfortable and with the exception of the coffee maker which really needed to be cleaned, the room was spotless. I want to thank them for making our stay so pleasant. The staff was kind and very helpful to two older folks from out of town and I thank them very much for going out of their way on some things. Would go back again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The front desk staff were so helpful and accommodating. I had accidentally made my reservations for the wrong weekend and they not only worked with me to make a room available, they actually upgraded my room.
They are fabulous!

Room Tip: The bay front rooms are great!
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I want to thank the Waterfront Hotel for their exceptional hospitality during my stay there two weeks ago. I highly recommend this Hotel for your stay in the Oakland/East Bay. The staff are very helpful, the view of the waterfront is beautiful and so are the rooms. I had a wonderful Salmon dinner at the restaurant next door and they gave us a freee bottle of their wine. I had great time there at the Waterfront Hotel and I know you will too!

Room Tip: the rooms facing the water are the best.
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

If you are a fan of the waterfront, views of sailboats, walking distance to several fine dining establishments, and a ferry to San Francisco the Waterfront Hotel is your only choice. Their staff is top notch... always greeted me with a smile and my name.

Santa Rosa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Waterfront Hotel was the perfect place for our group of friends to stay when we went to a show at Yoshi's in Oakland. The check in process was smooth and I received a bottle of wine since I am a Joie De Vivre member (free to be a member). The hotel is directly across the street from Yoshi's. The parking is valet but you can park in the parking garage across the street and get validated at Yoshi's and it is much less expensive. We just checked in and then went and parked. The hotel room was a good rate for being such a nice hotel. The rooms were very clean and we had a large balcony over looking the pool and harbor. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Kings Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Me an some friends stayed here to go to a show at the Fox last month. I had just gotten a new puppy and wasn't comfortable leaving her at home or in a kennel, so I changed my Mariott Reservation to here as they are pet friendly. It was pricey, but the location can't be beat. Also the staff was very helpful and the rooms were nicely furnished. I really enjoyed our balcony that overlooked the pool area/waterfront.

The pool was great! I wish I had more time to spend at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Queens, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

After driving 2+ hours from Monterey, pulling up to this hotel was a sight for sore eyes. The desk clerk let us check in earlier than usual, and the valet couldn't have been more helpful with our bags. The room was very clean, decorated with vintage nautical and/or tattoo art. We spent most of our time walking around Jack London Square-totally unplanned, but we really liked the area. We'll be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Waterfront Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel? Share your experiences!