“Exceptional service” 4 of 5 stars

Exclusive Concert Deal!
Ranked #5 of 47 Hotels in Oakland
“Exceptional service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The front desk staff were so helpful and accommodating. I had accidentally made my reservations for the wrong weekend and they not only worked with me to make a room available, they actually upgraded my room.
They are fabulous!

Room Tip: The bay front rooms are great!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I want to thank the Waterfront Hotel for their exceptional hospitality during my stay there two weeks ago. I highly recommend this Hotel for your stay in the Oakland/East Bay. The staff are very helpful, the view of the waterfront is beautiful and so are the rooms. I had a wonderful Salmon dinner at the restaurant next door and they gave us a freee bottle of their wine. I had great time there at the Waterfront Hotel and I know you will too!

Room Tip: the rooms facing the water are the best.
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

If you are a fan of the waterfront, views of sailboats, walking distance to several fine dining establishments, and a ferry to San Francisco the Waterfront Hotel is your only choice. Their staff is top notch... always greeted me with a smile and my name.

Santa Rosa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Waterfront Hotel was the perfect place for our group of friends to stay when we went to a show at Yoshi's in Oakland. The check in process was smooth and I received a bottle of wine since I am a Joie De Vivre member (free to be a member). The hotel is directly across the street from Yoshi's. The parking is valet but you can park in the parking garage across the street and get validated at Yoshi's and it is much less expensive. We just checked in and then went and parked. The hotel room was a good rate for being such a nice hotel. The rooms were very clean and we had a large balcony over looking the pool and harbor. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Kings Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Me an some friends stayed here to go to a show at the Fox last month. I had just gotten a new puppy and wasn't comfortable leaving her at home or in a kennel, so I changed my Mariott Reservation to here as they are pet friendly. It was pricey, but the location can't be beat. Also the staff was very helpful and the rooms were nicely furnished. I really enjoyed our balcony that overlooked the pool area/waterfront.

The pool was great! I wish I had more time to spend at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Queens, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

After driving 2+ hours from Monterey, pulling up to this hotel was a sight for sore eyes. The desk clerk let us check in earlier than usual, and the valet couldn't have been more helpful with our bags. The room was very clean, decorated with vintage nautical and/or tattoo art. We spent most of our time walking around Jack London Square-totally unplanned, but we really liked the area. We'll be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was my first stay at this property on Jack London's waterfront. Usually you'll find these hotels to be overpriced for what they are however in this case I was pleasantly surprised. We stayed in a water view room. It was on the first floor and right outside our door was the swimming pool. The rooms are nicely decorated and very clean and in good shape. The bath shows the age of the hotel as the shower stall was small, dark and awkward in terms of opening the door to the bathroom and the shower at the same time. My bathroom at home is nicer. That being said, we were very pleasantly surprised by the overall comfort of the room. The bed was very comfortable and the room extremely quiet. The lighting is a bit harsh with florescent bulbs.

We arrived on a Friday evening and my only complaint was that the parking valet and front desk seemed somewhat understaffed with one individual each at these posts with lots of people waiting around to be helped.

The location is great, central to everything in Oakland. I moved away several years ago and am pleasantly surprised by the amount of activity now in this area. The chain restaurants at Jack London have given way to other wonderful restaurants. We ate at Bocanova one evening and really enjoyed it. During the spring/summer months on the first Friday there is Jack's night market with lots of great food stalls, craft booths, gastrotrucks and entertainment.

Old Oakland is also a short 5 block walk away and there are lots of great looking restaruants there as well. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There are trains that utilize tracks adjacent to Jack London Square so a water view room will help w...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Waterfront Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel? Share your experiences!