waterfront hotel seems to get it's fair share of bashing here on tripadvisor. well, i'm stepping up to say that all this bashing is generally underserved.
we were there for a two night run of shows at the fox theater. the hotel rooms are very nice, the service is very good and the location also is very good. oakland, from downtown to jack london square, has REALLY improved over the past few years. there are many nice/interesting restaurants and good craft beer/wine joints, and they are all within walking distance or a free bus ride from the waterfront hotel (the free B - look it up when you get there). waterfront also is right next to the ferry station across to fisherman's wharf. BART station is also close.
the bottom line is, i'm not really sure what there is to complain about, at all.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel
- Waterfront Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel Oakland
- Waterfront Hotel Oakland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best spot in Oakland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Waterfront Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.