The location of this hotel is good as it's right on the water. There are pretty views of the marina, water and sunsets. The hotel is older...meaning old and loud heat/AC, thinner walls and tired decor in the rooms. The hotel is clean. There are some great eateries around...but limited for safe walking. Parking is valet only- $20 per night - but the retrieval of your car is faster than most places. The Ferry to San Francisco is next to the hotel - so that's nice. The staff is friendly and accommodating If you book a business conference here note that the Regatta rooms are next to a train - and noisy. The conference food is pretty standard and the service good. This place is trying...it's just tired and the area is hit hard by the economy. If you want a room with a bath tub - be sure to ask at booking.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel Oakland
- Waterfront Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel
- Waterfront Hotel Oakland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best spot in Oakland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Venere and Travelocity so you can book your Waterfront Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.