After driving down from the Redwoods back to the bay area, we were so pleasantly surprised by this lovely hotel. Do not be daunted by the looks of the area when driving in - the Jack London Square area is very nice. We had a room on the water side and the view was fantastic! We could watch the giant ships come in and the ferry landing is adjacent to the hotel. There is also a very nice pool. The room was fine and our guests were delighted to drink Anderson Valley wine on the balcony and watch the sun set on the working side of the bay. The old Alameda base is directly across the narrow bay and there is a parade of boats and paddle boarders passing by. The front desk people were helpful and friendly. The only minor glitch was that they promote a free vodka tasting in the restaurant which, when you get there, is an obvious annoyance to everyone working in the restaurant. The waitress' snarky comments were a reason to patronize other restaurants over the weekend, but this was a minor point. Shopping, music, and the USS Potomac in the immediate area. Definitely would stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel
- Waterfront Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel Oakland
- Waterfront Hotel Oakland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best spot in Oakland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Waterfront Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.