Lovely hotel with large, clean rooms with nice amenities. I enjoyed a delicious breakfast at the attached restaurant (Miss Pearls Jam House), which also provides room service. The one thing you should be aware of is the fact that there is a major Amtrak rail line just one block from the hotel and high-speed trains roll through on a regular basis, loudly blowing their whistles. Thankfully there must be an exception at night as they seemed to stop blowing them then, but don't plan to sleep in any later than about 7am when they start back up. Also, they only have valet parking. If you are on a budget, there is a public parking garage a very short walk away that might be less expensive. All that considered, I would definitely stay there again if I am ever in the area.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel Oakland
- Waterfront Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel
- Waterfront Hotel Oakland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best spot in Oakland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Loews Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Venere and Otel so you can book your Waterfront Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.