“Hilton Diamond Member” 1 of 5 stars

Incredible ratesfrom $119
Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
“Hilton Diamond Member”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

As a diamond Hilton member I've stayed at many Hilton all across the country including Canada. This one, by far, is the worst. No club lounge - no help in the lobby - poor resturaunt with bad service - bad area - poorly kept gift shop. The rooms are clean and comfortable...but I expect more from Hilton. I would rather stay @ the Hilton Garden a few miles down the road.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

First, I am a very loyal hilton honors member for fifteen or so. I have never complained about a hilton until now.

After a pleasant enough check in, we made our way to the room. After walking in, my wife and I both smelled the same thing, a faint urine smell. Gross, but we were too tired to move after a long drive and we knew we would only be there until an early flight, less than 10 hours. And we don't usually complain, we could deal with it.

Then I asked if I returned my car to the rental center if I could get picked up by the shuttle. No problem we do it all the time. Just call when you have the car returned and checked in. That's a laugh. I called back to the hotel, and they said they would send a shuttle, just stand outside in front of avis so you don't miss the van. After an hour of waiting in the cold, I finally was ticked off enough to call back. The answer, I'm sorry who did you talk to, I was on break and it looks like no one sent the shuttle. We will get another one out there, stay outside. So after an hour ans twenty minutes in the cold., they finally showed up from a mile away. Great service. If I knew this I would have walked or gone to the airport and taken a cab.

It was too late to get dinner with my wife, but heck they did offer coupons to their restaurant, of course by the time they came I was already in bed for my early flight and I had to get up to answer the door.

I will never stay here again and I recommend the same for you. And don't do it on a Raiders game night it was loud and full of drunks. A few cops.

Watch out for this hotel. But it is close to the airport.

• Stayed November 2012
Merced California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed one night here before flying out of Oakland. We used the Park n' Fly package which was well worth the price given the secured parking provided at the site. The site is fenced and has a controlled entry point. Airport shuttle service is provided every half-hour. Call on return and same schedule applies. The rooms were clean, quiet and adequate for a short stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mobile, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

I booked through Hilton's website as a Gold HHonors member. But upon checkin they did not have my number. No Hhonors desk person to check in with either. They acted as though they were doing me a favor providing free WiFi. And even though I am paying full freight, I still have to pay for parking. In Oakland?

Room is OK but far from the front desk. Glad it wasn't raining. The room is large but starting to show wear, especially the vanity. The tub was slippery and there was no mat. Room was on first floor with large sliding glass door overlooking the grounds. Does not feel especially secure in...Oakland.

Typical CA service level. As a near-native, I should have expected it not to be very solicitous.

Breakfast was good. Expensive. My chair had a too-short leg.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Orange, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

There was too many fees. Wifi was $12. Parking was $12 a day. The pool was cold. The TV did not work. They said we could get movies for free and then added it on the bill. I had to get a print out of our charges and have them remove it. These day hotels have free breakfast, free wifi, free parking. I was not impressed at all with this Hilton. It for sure did not meet the Hilton standards.

Room Tip: Go else where or just plan on paying a lot more then what they quote you.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

this hotel is very much an airport hotel...a lot of business travelers, but the location is convenient to the airport and the price is very good for the San Francisco area. Rooms are clean and big but some of the buildings are far away from the lobby. The restaurant is connected to a bar that looks like a converted meeting room. The bar food was okay but the guys working there were really nice and efficient.

Room Tip: rooms are located in separate buildings separated by covered walkways so if you don't like to wa...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
libraryladyfo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was here for an American Cancer Society's business conference, and the meeting rooms were fantastic as were the meals that they provided! I am a health coach by trade and help people lose weight and learn healthy habits, so it was very nice to have so many healthy choices at meal times (even the snacks!)
Rooms were LARGE, beds comfy and parking plentiful. Close to Oakland airport and their shuttle runs frequently.

Room Tip: It would be nice to be in the building that the lobby is in, but being in building 3 was really no b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!