“Very basic!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
San Lorenzo
“Very basic!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

If you're just looking for somewhere to sleep, then this is the place for you. I stayed a week and during the day it's loud and on this particular weekend, a group of motorcycle riders checked it. They sat outside their doors with their coolers full of beer and smoking pot in broad daylight!!!

The room was basic but clean. The area isn't the best so expect to see some homeless and prostitutes. I think the no visitor after 10, which I'd never heard of before, is enforced to prevent the resident prostitutes from having too many visitors during the night.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Moss
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Stayed at this "hotel" 5 nights while seeing San fransisco and the surrounding tourist attractions, as we had flewn in from Norway, and chose this hotel because of the reasonable price.
This is very much a "you get what you pay for"- hotel.

Rooms aren't cleaned properly, which to me is not a deal breaker, but nevertheless irritating. Had a smokers room which had no ashtray either.

The worst part, apart from the location in the ghetto, is the noise level at night. The first night, june 20th (a friday) was a nightmare. 20-25 people lounging in the parking lot with their bikes and cars running, loud talking, engine noise and yelling. Not to mention how shady they looked. The guard at the entrance seems to have no real purpose.

Wifi is very slow and didn't work at first, so we paid $4.99 for the "high speed", supposedly 2.5x faster than the normal one, which is $2.99. I ran a speedtest with the normal one and had 0.7mbps download, and the 2.5x quicker one for $4.99, not surprisingly, had a download speed of 0.97 mbps.

Stay somewhere else, it's well worth the extra money.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

A woman I'm the parking lot wearing nothing but underwear asked me if she can borrow a condom. Room was decent but smelled. On the weekends they get motorcycle gangs that hang put in the parking lot drinking. Place is rated R. If your comfortable with that, it may be a value for you.

Stayed July 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

The first room, a non smoking room , smelled like smoke. The 2nd rooms fire alarm started chirping .Then the next morning , some person ran his disel engine at 7:30 am & speaking very loud , house keeping came at 10:30.am, when I asked for a later checkout. Too many things go on here, it's not run well.

• Stayed May 2014
Tigard
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Do not stay at this hotel. THE CLEANING STAFF WILL STEAL YOUR ITEMS AND LIE ABOUT IT. I left a jacket in the room and the cleaning staff claims they never saw it. Filed a compliant with the front office which went of deaf ears. Then, you CAN'T HAVE VISITORS AFTER 10PM...I though this was a hotel. Didn't know this was MY MOTHER'S HOUSE.....DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. CURFEW AND STEALING.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Juneau, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Hello, Me and my husband were here in November 2013. Unfortunately, it took us 2 visits to really feel the feeling of not returning. We are from Alaska. This hotel gives the popular Motel 6 a "bad reputation. I think I will go elsewhere. We've been to other Motel 6s before that were decent and clean like they did care about their customers. The rooms in Oakland area, reeked" of people partying in it all day or day before per say, the office personnel were not professional, supervisor look like she just wokeup from partying all night and trying to hold up' her posture and even the dress attires were not professionally casual. I would never recommend this specific hotel to anyone." Recruit new employees...from a professionals point of view.""

Room Tip: Attn Motel 6 Owners; Specific hotels like this needs more "welcoming and caring" services...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Meadville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed here for 3 days, had trouble getting on Internet so I called the desk and was told they were busy and would call me back. They never did. Next day we returned to find that the maid had made our beds, after we got ready for bed, my wife showed me the toilet paper in the bathroom. The maid had nicely folded the paper in a nice point but the problem was that there were only 6 squares of paper left on the roll. I called the desk and was told that housekeeping had gone for the day but they had toilet paper at the desk and I should come down and get it. I told the girl that we were in our pajamas and would she send some toilet paper up to us. She said she would but, surprise, it never came.
The room we were in had recently been remodeled but the toilet and tub water ran constantly, I reported this but nothing was ever done. I fixed the toilet myself so we could get some sleep.

DONE WASTE YOUR TIME BY GOING TO THIS HOTEL.......

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Oakland Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear George B,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The cleanliness, maintenance and guest service conditions you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Been to Motel 6 Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!