“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Oakland-Embarcadero

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Oakland-Embarcadero to your Saves list
Motel 6 Oakland-Embarcadero
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1801 Embarcadero, I-880/Nimitz Freeway at 16th & 23rd Avenues, Oakland, CA 94606   |
Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Its motel 6. Room was clean and the rates are reasonable. Close to freeway and anywhere you need to go. There is security onsite which some people would think that was not a good place to stay but they were very nice and very watchful so it made me feel safe. Has a nice pool and was clean.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed here just one night and reserved a non-smoking room. The first room we were offered (128) absolutely stank of stale cigarette smoke. We complained and were offered the only other "non-smoking" room they had left (229) and this also stank of stale cigarette smoke! We had no choice but to spend the night there. The lady in the reception was really unhelpful as well. Never going here ever again.

• Stayed August 2013
Helix, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stay here fairly often when doing the Alameda Point Antiques Fair. Since we get in late and get up at 5 or earlier, it doesn't matter much about where we stay.... as long as it's clean. This place is worn, but clean. Somewhat odd neighborhood. Several extended stay places and lots of office buildings. The motel location is beautiful. It's on the water with a nice walking path along the canal, but it could be so much more... With all the Motel 6's remodeling, this should be the next one. Right next to the freeway, which is not good. Not much around for food. Very nice parking lot (See how much I have to reach to say something nice?)

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor, on the back (on the waterway) Quieter away from the road and you don...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I don't know where to start. I stay in hotels 250+ nights per year and I've never had an experience that the one I had at this hotel on July 5th 2013. The first room smelled like a wet dog, so they moved me. I had a man come and knock on my window to "borrow a few dollars" so he could get a room. The only thing that was ok was the staff. They were freiendly and apologetic. Overall, just bypass this one.

• Stayed July 2013
Oakland, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Wi-fi costs $2.99 per day per devise. I have 2 devises and would have stayed 2 nights. They have a big sign that says "WI-FI HERE" which loured me in. Only after I paid and got to my room did I discover the paid wi-fi deal Every other hotel or motel I've ever stayed in has had free wi-fi.

Room Tip: They refunded my wi-fi charge when I told them I was going to use my paid wi-fi to reserve another h...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

this hotel needs a visit from hotel impossible! I would love to upload the pictures I took of the Nasty , dirty, Pubic hair infested bathtub, Smelly funk, but see picture below of dried puke all over the mattress foundation where you could see it had just dripped all down the side of the mattress and nothing was done to clean it. The maid service only comes every other day, and when they did, they did not clean the towels I left on the floor for them nor did they even make the beds. RIDICULOUS!!! for some reason the staff kept placing people in the room adjacent to me every night even though the hotel was not full at all. and on one night from daytime until around 1030 Pm, they had dogs that would not stop barking. and nothing was done. the room is not safe, I could go on and on but there is not enough words allowed DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel are better
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Clovis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We were Emeryville and Oakland Sat. afternoon and deceided to stay the night. Just drove by and stopped. The lady at the desk was super nice. She gave us a room facing the water. Its a little dated but very clean. Yes I would stay there again, room rates excellent for the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Oakland-Embarcadero? Share your experiences!