“Worst Hotel Ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Oakland-Embarcadero

You added Motel 6 Oakland-Embarcadero to your Saves list
Motel 6 Oakland-Embarcadero
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1801 Embarcadero, I-880/Nimitz Freeway at 16th & 23rd Avenues, Oakland, CA 94606   |
Ranked #27 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Worst Hotel Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

this hotel needs a visit from hotel impossible! I would love to upload the pictures I took of the Nasty , dirty, Pubic hair infested bathtub, Smelly funk, but see picture below of dried puke all over the mattress foundation where you could see it had just dripped all down the side of the mattress and nothing was done to clean it. The maid service only comes every other day, and when they did, they did not clean the towels I left on the floor for them nor did they even make the beds. RIDICULOUS!!! for some reason the staff kept placing people in the room adjacent to me every night even though the hotel was not full at all. and on one night from daytime until around 1030 Pm, they had dogs that would not stop barking. and nothing was done. the room is not safe, I could go on and on but there is not enough words allowed DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel are better
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Clovis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We were Emeryville and Oakland Sat. afternoon and deceided to stay the night. Just drove by and stopped. The lady at the desk was super nice. She gave us a room facing the water. Its a little dated but very clean. Yes I would stay there again, room rates excellent for the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I enjoyed a 3-day stay here. My good sized room had a lovely water view. There is easy access to downtown Oakland. A pretty walkway directly accessible from the hotel leads along the waterfront, there is a fishing pier adjacent to the property and a good seafood restaurant within walking distance. I received a pleasant greeting upon checkin.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Lithuania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed at this motel for two nights. This motel was chosen due to very comfortable location for our plans to spend one day in San Francisco and after to go to Muir park and Napa Valley.
Actually we were surprised for quiet location. Our rooms faced a harbor with a lot of small white yachts. In the sunset the harbor looked even romantic! The rooms were clean; the coffee in the morning was an Americano one, but still ok. We got an wi-fi access for 2,99 USD. We felt save there because the motel area was checked by security staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I needed to rest and saw a Motel 6 right on the harbor in Oakland. It looked so attractive, I could hardly believe my eyes (knowing the general low standard of this chain). However, I booked a 'room with a view' and it was gorgeous - overlooking a lawn, a vegetable garden and pretty sunflowers. The price was very reasonable. The female manager was extremely helpful.

On the one hand I want to recommend it, on the other I want to keep it quiet!!

Room Tip: Room with a harbor view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Covina, Ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This motel front desk, Ms. Chalet did not understood of Family Gathering. We booked two rooms
2 persons in each room and requested water front about 2 weeks advance through it's toll free.
On Sept 7, 2012 I and my wife checked in at 10.0o AM. Gave the lady our name to find a reservation confirmation as we did not think is necessary to print out from the computer. She, Ms.Charlet gave us one room but smoking then we walk back to changed it to a non smoking.
Too early to get another booked room for our friend which will arrive latter by air. She asked us to come back at 12.30 for another room. When we did she gave us another room at almost at the end of West corner for our late arrival friends which 20 rooms apart at the end of Estern
end.There were plenty of vacant rooms but she and her white Anglo male boss stood by her assignment. So if you were to be for family reunion is better of look at another nearby. This lack of customer sensitivity may be supported by higher up. Perhaps this establishment is for quicky sex or for convicted felon since it is in Oakland where as closed by red light district.
Another unpleasant for us that the booking price that Motel 6 confirmed by email was $280.76 for
4 nights each room since we are member of an AARP. When inquired Ms.Charlet requested the print out pretending that her computer could no accessed the reservation. T

Room Tip: Make sure print the reservation confirmation with you . And have front desk for billing that shows...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
sacramento, california
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

A couple of days ago I spent the night , Rm 231. I got a awlful case of bed bugs. Ouch. Have made many attempts at contacting the manager. First time pleasant enough conversation but no help, had to refer to manager. Second time, another person stated that manager has just stepped out "someone will call within the hour.No Call that night. Attempting another call,they said "just a minute"than got disconnected. Made another call,finally talked with manager who indicated that the exterminator is coming" some time between 1-5pm. They will call me after that. Still awaiting for call. I guess the next phone call will be to the health department. In the mean time lots of calamine lotion, at least 28 welts.

Room Tip: Don't book Room 231 or any where near there.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Oakland-Embarcadero? Share your experiences!