“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 48 hotels in Oakland
London, Canada
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

Excellent service,clean rooms and real quality sleep. I would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Vancouver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

**** Don't ever stay at this hotel!!! The maids are thieves and the staff/management are useless and or corrupt and or liars and useless!!

My wife and I unfortunately had to stay near the Oakland Coliseum after a long day of traveling as we were going to the A's game the next day and got into town late. Being from Vancouver (Canada) the hotel was reasonably priced for what we we were expecting as it was last minute booking. Then it went downhill...
having left for the ball game (5 mins away) my wife realized she had left her camera on the table in our room re-packing our son's bag. We phoned within 15 mins of leaving to come pick up the camera but mysteriously...it was gone. Okay, possibly the cleaning staff hadn't reported it. We phone back 30 mins later - they promised they would call us... nothing. We watched the ball game (my 7 month old son's first game that any father would want pictures of) our fault, we left it there. We call back... no response. We go to the hotel - no we haven't found it you must have lost it. Politely my wife tells them no mistake we left it on the table. A blank stare from the idiot clerk.... My wife asks the obvious - they cleaned the room hours ago, should be relatively easy to find. Nothing in response. My wife asks if the staff has a habit of stealing people's belongings... no response "we'll call you" [--]
. For the record, I'm an operations coordinator for a natural gas company and have travelled regularly for business. I've left phones, computers, keys, jewelry in hotel rooms and they have always been returned (clearly I've never stayed at La Quinta). All we want is the memory card back (I'll give them camera) but the pics of our son can't be replaced. Bottom Line NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!! I'VE STAYED IN HUNDREDS OF HOTELS AND NEVER BEEN OURIGHT STOLEN FROM BEFORE!!! I HOPE THEY ENJOY THE $200 CAMERA WITH OUR PRICELESS MEMORIES!!! FYI - I will be posting this on every site I can possibly find!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010 via mobile

Great place for the money. Little further from the airport than some but shuttle is fast, only waited a few short minutes back and forth to airport. Room was very clean and staff was effecient and very helpful. Would highly recommend for quick airport stay. Area not the best so better to eat at airport before check-in so you don't have to go out at night. Also close to Bart terminal taxi ride is very short if needed.

• Stayed April 2010
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

I stayed at La Quinta Inn in Oakland Ca for my business trip. Hotel rooms were fairly good and serve the purpose. Staff was great and very helpful in every aspect and asked to print boarding pass and wake up calls. I am very pleased with the service and this hotel. I will definately come back to this hotel whenever I will travel to Oakland. Way to go La Quinta.......

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
American canyon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

Stayed one night at this location after arriving on a late flight (9 pm).This hotel is close to the airport and that is the main reason we stayed there.The good, The staff was nice and the room was clean. We stayed in a king room,room amenities included ironing board, iron,coffee maker,hair dryer,a sofa bed ,chair & desk. The bathroom was small but adequate,with granite sink top, curved shower curtain rod and massager shower head.. The bad, The room was small & not very quite as we could hear the elevators all night , the trains going by and the neighboring rooms as well. For me the bed was also very hard,but others may prefer this.The free breakfast was just ok, but they did say "continental". It consisted of cold cereals,muffins,waffles juice, coffee and the like.The ugly, this hotel is located in an area borderd by Hegenberger Rd., 98th ave. and east 14th st. Sooo, If you need a place close to the airport or coliseum for a night this hotel is ok, but I don't think we would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Oldham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

Stayed here for 1 night during a 2 month road trip around USA & Canada. Had already seen the reviews on Tripadvisor before arriving in the area & found the hotel quite easily although the traffic was quite heavy. Travelling with my girlfriend we were looking for somewhere to stay near to San Francisco so that we could go exploring the next day & this hotel did the job. I found the staff to be friendly & efficient & the hotel itself was ok even though the area is questionable. We went for a drive in the evening to a liquor store and it was..interesting to say the least. The room was ok nothing special, didn't really feel like a La Quinta to me. I paid around $99 including tax for our 1 night stay on a Saturday which i think is the maximum i was happy to pay to stay here but it is certainly alot cheaper than staying in SF itself so a good choice for budget travellers i would say.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

After reading several reviews I decided to book this motel for two nights while attending a Raider game. There are good and bad aspects to this motel. One good aspect is you can walk to the stadium from the hotel and the other is the continental breakfast. That's it!!!. The neighborhood is bad and motel is open to anyone that wants to come in and use the facilities. NO SECURITY, at all. I used the pool after the game and spoke to several neighborhood kids who use the pool to swim!!!! I couldn't believe it!!! The rooms are OK at best. There was a strong smell of marijuana in the first floor hallway!! I would not stay here again. All I have to say is "you pay for what you get". Pay a little more and stay at the Courtyard or the new Hilton.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Lq0858, Manager at La Quinta Inn Oakland Airport Coliseum, responded to this review, September 2, 2009
I apologize for any inconvenience you may have at the hotel during your stay. We take pride in our service and go above and beyond to handle every minor issues. I hope you understand that during Raider's games it is hard to control people. I do understand that you may have encounter some issues but it is not always like this.. Such things happens during the games. La Quinta Inn Oakland loves raider fans and we will always cater raider's fans with smile on our faces no matter what goes on.

Been to La Quinta Inn Oakland Airport Coliseum? Share your experiences!