“This hotel was the worst ever.” 1 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Oakland Airport Coliseum
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8465 Enterprise Way, Oakland, CA 94621   |
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
Oakland, California
“This hotel was the worst ever.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2005

Upon my arrival the Desk Clerk was complaining about a guess who wanted to access the Shuttle. This is a service that is advertised to be available. The Shuttle Driver who is standing at the Desk eating BBQ that a Biker Club had just BBQ'd out in the parking lot states

"I am not from here. I don't know where these people want to go here in Oakland. I am from Richmond".

I thought you're the Shuttle Driver and you don't know the area.

I too wanted to use the Shuttle but was told by the shuttle driver that he did not know if he could pick me up after the concert. However it was only a 15 minute walk back.

At night in Oakland! PLEASE. I drove my car and paid the 15.00 to park.

When I did arrive back to the Hotel from the concert and attempted to sleep, the roar of motorclycles coming and going, people talking in the hallway and even the voices of the person in the next room could be heard from midnight until 5:00 a.m.

The walls at this hotel are extremely thin. Not to mention the bed. I am a fit person. 5'5 135 pounds. I could feel the springs through the mattress. Unbelieveable. Additionally, the sheets made my entire body itch.

I finally get to sleep and the Maid starts to knock on my door. At 8:00 in the morning. I tell the Maid I am still sleeping, however she knocks on my door 30 minutes later.

Between the unprofessional Staff, heavy traffic noise, the bed in need of replacement and the dirty sheets, I would never recomend this location.

One last comment. The parking lot where the BBQing was taken place was totally trashed. Stuff was everywhere making it difficult to find a parking spot in the back of the Hotel. I actually was afraid to park my car here but what else could I do.

• Stayed September 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2005

We stayed here one night on August 5 after arriving on a late flight into Oakland's airport. The shuttle service was a little slow at night, but the next morning we asked about the schedule and were able to jump on the shuttle back to the airport the next morning without problems. The free breakfast was good- bagels, waffles (make your own), cereal, fruit, yogurt.

Our room was average. Clean, but about what we expected for the price we paid. We didn't have any problems with noise or anything breaking.

Front desk staff should have asked about taking down our frequent guest number, but didn't. We forgot about it as well, so now will have to go back and get credit retroactive. Front desk staff wasn't overly friendly, especially on the phone when I called from the airport to check on the shuttle.

Overall, it was an ok stay. We weren't looking for anything special- just a place to crash before taking the BART into San Francisco the next morning. It was a pretty good deal for the price.

• Stayed August 2005
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

This was fine for a quick night before or after a flight. The front desk always seemed to be having problems. No ice other than 1st floor. I overheard several people complaining about the shuttle.

Stayed July 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2005

We stayed one night on July 16, 2005 as we were going to an A's game on the Sunday. The room was clean and tidy and the pool was great for our seven year old. The breakfast the next day was incredible - cereal, waffles, fruit, yoghurt, muffins, bagels, etc. We walked to the game - make sure you walk past the truck dealership. We would stay hear again if we were in the area.

• Stayed July 2005
Caspar, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2005

We just had a one night stay after driving from northern(er) California to catch a 6 am plane. We choose this hotel because it advertised 24 hour shuttle service, was close to the airport, and inexpensive (relatively, nothing is truly inexpensive in California). Very basic rooms and bathrooms, clean and no problems with noise.

We were disappointed we our stay because the main reason we choose the hotel was the advertised 24 hour shuttle service -- and it was not efficient. The night we arrived we were stranded at the airport rental car center for well over an hour -- each time we called they said the shuttle would be there in just a few minutes. They should have told us that the shuttle was unable to help us and we would have made our own arrangements for transportation.

Apparently a lot of the courier service personnel (FedEx, Airbourne, etc) stay at this hotel and the shuttle is busy freighting them around from 7 pm -1030 pm.

In the morning there were no glitches with the shuttle service to the airport -- but be sure to sign up for it the day before.

One caution: 2 folks on the morning shuttle said that they didn't receive their wakeup calls.

On my next trip I will stay at the Hilton -- its shuttle came around every 10 minutes or so.

Stayed June 2005

Been to La Quinta Inn Oakland Airport Coliseum? Share your experiences!