“Friendly staff” 3 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Oakland

Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Our stay here was okay. I can confirm the neighborhood is very shady, wasn't very comfortable taking the kids out for dinner in this area. The only reason I would stay here again is to save money. Their stay and go parking package is the best deal around. The room itself was clean enough. The airport shuttle driver was supposed to start at 4am but was running late. That meant her drove us around like a bat out of hell. He even yelled at someone that did not tip him. That was crazy. All in all I would stay again if I had to but only as a last resort.

Grass Valley
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Here is the email I sent the hotel manager.
When we arrived at our room, I went in to use the bathroom and shut, not locked the door and got stuck in the bathroom. It was super hot in there as the air was off when we entered the room. My husband called the front office to get maintenance to come open the door. The maintenance guy could not open the door and had to remove the lock. In all, I was trapped in the bathroom for 16 long, hot minutes. You will also see the picture of a long, black hair on the back door. I have very blond hair, so it clearly was not mine. I also attached a picture of the door that had clearly been crow barred to get someone out of the bathroom before. And yet, your hotel let it happen again. I also attached a picture of what the microwave looked like when I went to use it. Also, the toilet ran for about 10 minutes each time you flushed. I told the maintenance guy and left a message for the manager, but I guess they didn't think it was a problem. We stay once a year at a hotel near there to visit the A's game and have always been happy with your hotel. We were incredibly disappointed this time and will never stay again. I can't believe we spent one penny there.
***This website doesn't allow for pics, but they are gross!

Corona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

It's always been a pleasure to stay in a La Quinta Inn/Hotel. They're always strategically situated in any town and we always feel welcome after a long day's journey. The La Quinta Inn at the Oakland/Alameda near the airport far excels the best quality in a hotel when it comes to customer service, cleanliness and overall friendliness of the staff. We just been on a road trip from Southern California all the way to Canada and this particular La Quinta tops them all and our pet dog loves them too! Cheers to the entire staff and crew!

1 Thank Ramon B
Phoenix, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stayed at the La Quinta near the Oakland Coliseum. The staff was great especially when it came to dropping off and picking us up from the airport and to and from the Bart station. The hotel was well-kept and the location was near San Francisco.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Frances C
Silver Spring, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We checked in after at 9:30pm on July 11th after long drive from Los Angeles. We were given room 301. The bed sheets, blankets and pillowcases had hair all over, stains of food and makeup. We called to request clean one, they switched our rooms to room 303. Thinking that would be better, it was worst; the sheets were more stained than the ones in room 301. We asked again for clean sheets and it was still dirty with bloodstains. We then went downstairs to the front desk and the Receptionist stated that the sheets were clean and it was just a minor stain. I insisted on getting new sheet again. I refused to sleep on dirty sheets and blankets with someone's hair and blood all over it. She brought some other sheets and we examined them together. There were few stains also but we just settled. That night, my sister took a shower the bathtub was clogged. The next morning during breakfast, i told the Receptionist about our clod bathroom and she said she would send someone up. 2 hours later, no one came up to fix it. i called the Front Desk to ask about it and was told the Maintenance man was also the shuttle driver; as soon as he returns back, he will fix it. We showered and left the room. We came back to the hotel at 1am and the bathtub wasn't fixed. The next morning, i showered and it was still clogged. The housekeeper dressed our bed with dirty sheets. At this point, we were fed up with everything. My sister called the Front desk and they called a housekeeper to fix the bathtub. He couldn't fix it and they had to give us a new room for her to shower. I was very disappointed with this location. I have stayed at a different La Quinta Hotel in OC, Maryland and i had no complaints.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends