“Great Location, Accessible and Great Price” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 47 hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, CA
“Great Location, Accessible and Great Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The staff were helpful and friendly. The room was spacious and clean and I was able to rest after a long day at training! Thank you to the wonderful staff!! Parking was convenient and safe and the breakfast provided by the hotel was a great way to start my day!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

515 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Polish first
West Windsor, nj
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Booked on-line through 3rd party. When I arrived, I was given a room on 3rd floor opposite the elevator bank. When I entered the room and opened the curtains, I realized that the room faced the 880 Freeway. The road noise was ridiculous. I went back to the front desk and asked for a room on the back side of the hotel, which faces the bay. My goal was to get away from the road noise, not to secure some fabulous water view. I was told that an "upgrade" would cost an extra $50 a night, but they would be able to give it to me for an extra $25 a night. It felt like a classic bait and switch. I started to get angry, but realized that wouldn't help my cause. The manager on duty, Josh, stepped in and realized he should try to appease me for some reason. He changed me to a room facing the water, but insisted that it would have to be on the first floor. There was no upcharge. The area surrounding the hotel is perfectly safe, but the neighborhood on the other side of the freeway is a bit shaky.
I was pleased with the way Josh handled the situation, and was perfectly pleased with my new room.
Overall, the rooms and the property are a bit dated. Everything was relatively clean, but decor was circa 1980's. The continental breakfast was decent. Coffee available all day and free newspaper in breakfast area.
The issue that dropped this hotel to 2-stars was when I noticed black mold growing on the ceiling in the bathroom. It was clear that there was a leak from the bathroom on the floor above coming through the ceiling, and mold had started growing. This is a very dangerous health hazard, and I was amazed that nobody had noticed this before. I reported the problem at the front desk when I checked out. The gentleman at the desk took it under advisement, but didn't seem overly concerned.
I will never go back to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Scott
Thank you for 7/8th's of your review. Seriously we did take the room out of order and we dealt with the mildew issue you reported. We apologize that our team missed it. That is not how we keep our TripAdvisor rating so high. We'll do better.
Also to let you know we are just putting the final touches on our plans for modernizing our rooms. I expect you'll be extremely pleased the next time you visit.
Again, thank you.
Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Whenever we plan for a trip to Oakland/Berkeley/San Francisco, we stay here. I've stayed here 7 times now and every time it has been fantastic. They are very accomodating. The shuttle is great. We recently went to a concert and Enrique, our shuttle driver, was extremely helpful. He gave us all the information we needed in order to use the Bart and we used Bart to take us directly in front of the Coliseum. Didn't have to wait in traffic, as we saw that from the train. Poor people! We also take the shuttle to the ferry and go into San Francisco instead of staying in San Francisco (hotels charge for parking). Not only does it skip being in traffic over the bridge, plus the toll, I do not have to pay for parking in San Francisco and it's a really nice ferry ride and inexpensive too. Full breakfast in the mornings! Can't beat that. Free parking, almost unheard of anymore. Honestly, can't see staying anywhere else. Love watching the rowers in the morning on the water while eating breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Chino Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Every year, I come here with my friends and I've never been disappointed. The rooms are spacious and roomy, and the view is really nice. I would definitely recommend getting the Waterview Rooms. It is very nice and scenic, great for pictures. This location has a courtesy shuttle to nearby areas, which is really great for us because we always take the local Bart or the Ferry at Jack London Square across to San Francisco. Definitely a money saver. The gentleman at the Front Desk (Frederick Wong) is always more than accommodating when we come up for our vacations. I always go to him for recommendations and I've never been disappointed. This year, he recommended all the wineries for us at our day in Napa Valley and it was excellent. Although me and my friends can sometimes be a little demanding, Frederick always tries his very best to accommodate our needs and we're very appreciative of that. The breakfast and coffee comes in handy when we leave early in the mornings and we just want to grab something quick. Would definitely recommend this property to all my friends and family and I plan on staying here for all my future trips.

Room Tip: Get the Waterview Rooms, really nice and tranquil.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I wanted to spend a girls weekend in SF for my birthday, but due to a music festival many hotels in the city were fully booked or way too expensive. We were leary about booking in Oakland, but the price was right and we could take the ferry directly to pier 49. We were so pleasantly surprised by the Executive Inn & Suites and Jack London Square. The hotel is clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff is so friendly and the manager, Josh, had us laughing in minutes. The shuttle service to Jack London Square and the ferry station is easy to coordinate and free! Breakfast is great (& free) and the little patio on the water is a great place to enjoy it. There are fun restaurants and bars in Jack London square too. I think we found the secret to a great SF weekend on a budget. We will be staying at the Executive Inn and Suites again!

• Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I came here for my anniversary and accidebtally booked through travekocity. I then called the hotel and spoke with frederick and he explained the situation to me. I was thrn ablebto cancel my reservation and book directly with him. He took care of my room and out a bottke of champagne in my room and a welcome card. What a way to start my anniversary. He also planned my whole sf trip!

• Stayed September 2013
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had the oportunity to stay here, the first of my 8 days were awesome, then we were told we could not extend in our current room, this was not a good change, but had to let you know.......
I LOVED our first room, we could sleep with the door open at night and was an absolutely perfect nights sleep.
then were moved to the other side where there is a lot of noise and could not sleep with now only a window to open. could not sleep, but is only for 2 nights so not too bad.

NOW.....
We also had the breakfast that was always hot and ready for all of us.

I had the Honor of meeting :
Maria Cortez of the Kitchen, she was very attentive to the fact I could not eat all of the things they had........ she went out of her way to make sure Kiwis were ordered and there for me the next day, She then checked on me each day to make sure I had a couple before going to work, was always ready to chat if I was grumpy, she was a pleasure to see each morning and helped my day go better.

I was also charmed by one of the other Kitchen workers,...
Martin Alatorre of the Kitchen, he made sure each day to check if Maria had seen me, and always had a great smile to make you feel welcome, made sure all was still hot and tasty,
If anyone who comes here in the future, these 2 were who made my stay a pleasant one...................... THANK YOU MARIA AND MARTIN!!!!!!!!!!
Joann

bt the way I am rating the rooms with the FIRST room only........NOT the second room.

Room Tip: IF you want a good nights sleep ALWAYS choose the water side, it is quiet and a nice view to wake up...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Executive Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!