“My go to place in Oakland.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 47 hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chino Hills, California
“My go to place in Oakland.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Every year, I come here with my friends and I've never been disappointed. The rooms are spacious and roomy, and the view is really nice. I would definitely recommend getting the Waterview Rooms. It is very nice and scenic, great for pictures. This location has a courtesy shuttle to nearby areas, which is really great for us because we always take the local Bart or the Ferry at Jack London Square across to San Francisco. Definitely a money saver. The gentleman at the Front Desk (Frederick Wong) is always more than accommodating when we come up for our vacations. I always go to him for recommendations and I've never been disappointed. This year, he recommended all the wineries for us at our day in Napa Valley and it was excellent. Although me and my friends can sometimes be a little demanding, Frederick always tries his very best to accommodate our needs and we're very appreciative of that. The breakfast and coffee comes in handy when we leave early in the mornings and we just want to grab something quick. Would definitely recommend this property to all my friends and family and I plan on staying here for all my future trips.

Room Tip: Get the Waterview Rooms, really nice and tranquil.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

514 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Polish first
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I wanted to spend a girls weekend in SF for my birthday, but due to a music festival many hotels in the city were fully booked or way too expensive. We were leary about booking in Oakland, but the price was right and we could take the ferry directly to pier 49. We were so pleasantly surprised by the Executive Inn & Suites and Jack London Square. The hotel is clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff is so friendly and the manager, Josh, had us laughing in minutes. The shuttle service to Jack London Square and the ferry station is easy to coordinate and free! Breakfast is great (& free) and the little patio on the water is a great place to enjoy it. There are fun restaurants and bars in Jack London square too. I think we found the secret to a great SF weekend on a budget. We will be staying at the Executive Inn and Suites again!

• Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I came here for my anniversary and accidebtally booked through travekocity. I then called the hotel and spoke with frederick and he explained the situation to me. I was thrn ablebto cancel my reservation and book directly with him. He took care of my room and out a bottke of champagne in my room and a welcome card. What a way to start my anniversary. He also planned my whole sf trip!

• Stayed September 2013
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had the oportunity to stay here, the first of my 8 days were awesome, then we were told we could not extend in our current room, this was not a good change, but had to let you know.......
I LOVED our first room, we could sleep with the door open at night and was an absolutely perfect nights sleep.
then were moved to the other side where there is a lot of noise and could not sleep with now only a window to open. could not sleep, but is only for 2 nights so not too bad.

NOW.....
We also had the breakfast that was always hot and ready for all of us.

I had the Honor of meeting :
Maria Cortez of the Kitchen, she was very attentive to the fact I could not eat all of the things they had........ she went out of her way to make sure Kiwis were ordered and there for me the next day, She then checked on me each day to make sure I had a couple before going to work, was always ready to chat if I was grumpy, she was a pleasure to see each morning and helped my day go better.

I was also charmed by one of the other Kitchen workers,...
Martin Alatorre of the Kitchen, he made sure each day to check if Maria had seen me, and always had a great smile to make you feel welcome, made sure all was still hot and tasty,
If anyone who comes here in the future, these 2 were who made my stay a pleasant one...................... THANK YOU MARIA AND MARTIN!!!!!!!!!!
Joann

bt the way I am rating the rooms with the FIRST room only........NOT the second room.

Room Tip: IF you want a good nights sleep ALWAYS choose the water side, it is quiet and a nice view to wake up...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Clovis, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

During our trip to see the America's Cup in San Francisco, we were told to stay at the Executive Inn & Suites in Oakland, CA and take the BART to San Francisco. Our two night stay experience was mixed. We had an incredible, huge, spacious, comfortable, quiet room on the water and just a wonderful, magnificent view. The staff were very helpful in getting us to and from the BART station, even when we missed the return stop. But we had to wait well past check in time because our room was not ready...were there no other rooms available? We were told ours was special and indeed it was. But were there no other special rooms? Special...no lamps or lights to read by except for the two nightstands, limited bath towels like two so a dip in the pool or the hot tub resulted in wet soggy towels for next day's shower, 50s motel style furniture in this incredible room with shower and jacuzzi and another bathroom!! Three telephones but one did not work. 2 TVs...wow, this could have been so much better instead of being average...

Room Tip: Don't ask for a special room as they have only ONE!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
DanielSalesManager, Manager at Executive Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry to hear about your check-in experience. If the hotel is sold out we usually have a hard time granting early check-ins. However, we should always be able to check people in at 3pm. We usually never have any issues with check-in times, but If you had to wait past 3pm, I truly apologize.

When using our pool, you can always stop by our front desk to ask for an extra towel. This should have been communicated to you at check-in. I will bring this up in our next meeting to make sure we properly communicate this to all of our guests.

All of our rooms will go through a renovation this winter, so everything will be brand new and nicely furnished. I would be more than happy to welcome you back to one of our new rooms in the spring.
Waukegan, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was at this hotel for 3 weeks, I do not go on vacation very offten and have never been in this area, a women named Doris (I believe was her name) was wonderful. She gave me directions and helped me out throught my stay. I was very confused when I got there and she was very sweet and helpful. The hotel is great and I will be staying there again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thousand Oaks, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This isa wonderful place to stay. Beautiful view,quiet and clean. My husband and I attended a wedding nearby, and Julio at the front desk was good enough to take our photo before we left the hotel. The front desk staff is terrific! We will gladly return in the future.

Room Tip: The room overlooking the water in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Executive Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!