“My stay in Cali.” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
College Station, Texas
“My stay in Cali.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had the oportunity to stay here, the first of my 8 days were awesome, then we were told we could not extend in our current room, this was not a good change, but had to let you know.......
I LOVED our first room, we could sleep with the door open at night and was an absolutely perfect nights sleep.
then were moved to the other side where there is a lot of noise and could not sleep with now only a window to open. could not sleep, but is only for 2 nights so not too bad.

NOW.....
We also had the breakfast that was always hot and ready for all of us.

I had the Honor of meeting :
Maria Cortez of the Kitchen, she was very attentive to the fact I could not eat all of the things they had........ she went out of her way to make sure Kiwis were ordered and there for me the next day, She then checked on me each day to make sure I had a couple before going to work, was always ready to chat if I was grumpy, she was a pleasure to see each morning and helped my day go better.

I was also charmed by one of the other Kitchen workers,...
Martin Alatorre of the Kitchen, he made sure each day to check if Maria had seen me, and always had a great smile to make you feel welcome, made sure all was still hot and tasty,
If anyone who comes here in the future, these 2 were who made my stay a pleasant one...................... THANK YOU MARIA AND MARTIN!!!!!!!!!!
Joann

bt the way I am rating the rooms with the FIRST room only........NOT the second room.

Room Tip: IF you want a good nights sleep ALWAYS choose the water side, it is quiet and a nice view to wake up...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Polish first
Clovis, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

During our trip to see the America's Cup in San Francisco, we were told to stay at the Executive Inn & Suites in Oakland, CA and take the BART to San Francisco. Our two night stay experience was mixed. We had an incredible, huge, spacious, comfortable, quiet room on the water and just a wonderful, magnificent view. The staff were very helpful in getting us to and from the BART station, even when we missed the return stop. But we had to wait well past check in time because our room was not ready...were there no other rooms available? We were told ours was special and indeed it was. But were there no other special rooms? Special...no lamps or lights to read by except for the two nightstands, limited bath towels like two so a dip in the pool or the hot tub resulted in wet soggy towels for next day's shower, 50s motel style furniture in this incredible room with shower and jacuzzi and another bathroom!! Three telephones but one did not work. 2 TVs...wow, this could have been so much better instead of being average...

Room Tip: Don't ask for a special room as they have only ONE!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
DanielSalesManager, Manager at Executive Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry to hear about your check-in experience. If the hotel is sold out we usually have a hard time granting early check-ins. However, we should always be able to check people in at 3pm. We usually never have any issues with check-in times, but If you had to wait past 3pm, I truly apologize.

When using our pool, you can always stop by our front desk to ask for an extra towel. This should have been communicated to you at check-in. I will bring this up in our next meeting to make sure we properly communicate this to all of our guests.

All of our rooms will go through a renovation this winter, so everything will be brand new and nicely furnished. I would be more than happy to welcome you back to one of our new rooms in the spring.
Waukegan, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was at this hotel for 3 weeks, I do not go on vacation very offten and have never been in this area, a women named Doris (I believe was her name) was wonderful. She gave me directions and helped me out throught my stay. I was very confused when I got there and she was very sweet and helpful. The hotel is great and I will be staying there again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thousand Oaks, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This isa wonderful place to stay. Beautiful view,quiet and clean. My husband and I attended a wedding nearby, and Julio at the front desk was good enough to take our photo before we left the hotel. The front desk staff is terrific! We will gladly return in the future.

Room Tip: The room overlooking the water in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Couldn't find a place to stay in SF that didn't break my bank account and didn't want to pay for parking, so tried this place and was very happy I did. Celebrated my son's birthday and had a run planned in SF. Staff: very nice and accommodating. Drove us to the BART station about a mile away and told us to call them when we got back for a ride. BART ride was a mere 10 min to SF. No parking, no traffic, no hassles. The hotel itself: quiet, occasionally heard people walk in the hallway at night; had a room facing the parking lot, but was surprised at how quiet it was. ROOM: big, comfortable beds, so glad they didn't have icky bed spreads; clean & spacious bathroom. POOL & JACUZZI: I don't like swimming in cold water and this pool was very nice. Hot tub was almost too warm. It faces the estuary and there was a nice walkway for a stroll. Quiet and beautiful. Small harbor with a few boats. FOOD: breakfast in the AM was more than I expected! Waffles, hot and cold cereal, coffee, tea, toast, fruit, all included in the stay. RESTAURANT (Quinn's Lighthouse): take a short walk up the street and you'll find some old houses and a restaurant that is fun and good food, comfortable atmosphere & overlooking the harbor. Felt safe too. Not too many other things in this area. GPS'd a grocery store about 6 miles up the road. Yes, we'll stay here again.

Room Tip: stayed on parking lot side, but surprisingly quiet. For a treat, ask for a room pool side.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stay here recently on my trip to America. I stay in SF and I could not stay there as price was getting too expensive so we found this hotel. Great staff and service. The room was nice and very large compared to the room in SF. Price was half of what I paid in SF.

I had a well planned napa trip thanks to a young lad. Fedrick did a very good job in planning the day as we followed his whole day trip. Had a very nice lunch at v.Sattui. Even though the trip was far from napa, he knew the area which is always good.

Not much to do in Oakland however, but restaurants are ok.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for recommendations~!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Inglewood, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stay at this hotel every time I come to the Bay Area. The staff is very friendly and accommodating! The shuttle service is superb and the drivers are always helpful as well as pleasant. I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Executive Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!