“Okay Place to Stay” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Clovis, California
“Okay Place to Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

During our trip to see the America's Cup in San Francisco, we were told to stay at the Executive Inn & Suites in Oakland, CA and take the BART to San Francisco. Our two night stay experience was mixed. We had an incredible, huge, spacious, comfortable, quiet room on the water and just a wonderful, magnificent view. The staff were very helpful in getting us to and from the BART station, even when we missed the return stop. But we had to wait well past check in time because our room was not ready...were there no other rooms available? We were told ours was special and indeed it was. But were there no other special rooms? Special...no lamps or lights to read by except for the two nightstands, limited bath towels like two so a dip in the pool or the hot tub resulted in wet soggy towels for next day's shower, 50s motel style furniture in this incredible room with shower and jacuzzi and another bathroom!! Three telephones but one did not work. 2 TVs...wow, this could have been so much better instead of being average...

Room Tip: Don't ask for a special room as they have only ONE!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
DanielSalesManager, Manager at Executive Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry to hear about your check-in experience. If the hotel is sold out we usually have a hard time granting early check-ins. However, we should always be able to check people in at 3pm. We usually never have any issues with check-in times, but If you had to wait past 3pm, I truly apologize.

When using our pool, you can always stop by our front desk to ask for an extra towel. This should have been communicated to you at check-in. I will bring this up in our next meeting to make sure we properly communicate this to all of our guests.

All of our rooms will go through a renovation this winter, so everything will be brand new and nicely furnished. I would be more than happy to welcome you back to one of our new rooms in the spring.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Waukegan, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was at this hotel for 3 weeks, I do not go on vacation very offten and have never been in this area, a women named Doris (I believe was her name) was wonderful. She gave me directions and helped me out throught my stay. I was very confused when I got there and she was very sweet and helpful. The hotel is great and I will be staying there again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thousand Oaks, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This isa wonderful place to stay. Beautiful view,quiet and clean. My husband and I attended a wedding nearby, and Julio at the front desk was good enough to take our photo before we left the hotel. The front desk staff is terrific! We will gladly return in the future.

Room Tip: The room overlooking the water in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Couldn't find a place to stay in SF that didn't break my bank account and didn't want to pay for parking, so tried this place and was very happy I did. Celebrated my son's birthday and had a run planned in SF. Staff: very nice and accommodating. Drove us to the BART station about a mile away and told us to call them when we got back for a ride. BART ride was a mere 10 min to SF. No parking, no traffic, no hassles. The hotel itself: quiet, occasionally heard people walk in the hallway at night; had a room facing the parking lot, but was surprised at how quiet it was. ROOM: big, comfortable beds, so glad they didn't have icky bed spreads; clean & spacious bathroom. POOL & JACUZZI: I don't like swimming in cold water and this pool was very nice. Hot tub was almost too warm. It faces the estuary and there was a nice walkway for a stroll. Quiet and beautiful. Small harbor with a few boats. FOOD: breakfast in the AM was more than I expected! Waffles, hot and cold cereal, coffee, tea, toast, fruit, all included in the stay. RESTAURANT (Quinn's Lighthouse): take a short walk up the street and you'll find some old houses and a restaurant that is fun and good food, comfortable atmosphere & overlooking the harbor. Felt safe too. Not too many other things in this area. GPS'd a grocery store about 6 miles up the road. Yes, we'll stay here again.

Room Tip: stayed on parking lot side, but surprisingly quiet. For a treat, ask for a room pool side.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stay here recently on my trip to America. I stay in SF and I could not stay there as price was getting too expensive so we found this hotel. Great staff and service. The room was nice and very large compared to the room in SF. Price was half of what I paid in SF.

I had a well planned napa trip thanks to a young lad. Fedrick did a very good job in planning the day as we followed his whole day trip. Had a very nice lunch at v.Sattui. Even though the trip was far from napa, he knew the area which is always good.

Not much to do in Oakland however, but restaurants are ok.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for recommendations~!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Inglewood, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stay at this hotel every time I come to the Bay Area. The staff is very friendly and accommodating! The shuttle service is superb and the drivers are always helpful as well as pleasant. I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Well situated hotel for trips into San Francisco. Lovely location overlooking the water. Great shuttle service to the Bart Station - just had to book your trip every day and then just ring when you're back at the station, the staff come to fetch you within minutes. Nice pool area, but the hot tub wasn't working which was a shame.
Excellent breakfust buffet, lots of choice, and coffee on offer all day. But I have to give a huge 'thank you' to Howie in the restaurant, who conjured up mouth-watering steaks on the bbq in the evenings! Honestly, I have never tasted steaks like them! They melted in your mouth! Don't miss them, if you have the opportunity to stay at this hotel. Even though there was no menu per se in the evenings, Howie cooked up a sensation for an amazingly reasonable price - $10 for a thick steak, salad and mashed potatoes - fab!
Would definitely recommend this hotel (but make sure you sample Howie's steaks.......)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple